17:31:22 <GeKo> #startmeeting tor browser 7/8 2019
17:31:22 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jul  8 17:31:22 2019 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:31:22 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:31:39 <GeKo> the pad is as usual at https://storm.torproject.org/shared/tHoN4Ii7rLSjPE0OP4gydX4cMGadsXmRQNc-6lwru0N
17:31:54 <pili> hi
17:31:55 <GeKo> please add your updates and mark items to discuss as bold
17:32:19 <sisbell> hi
17:32:33 <sysrqb> o/
17:32:53 <boklm> hi
17:32:56 <acat> hi!
17:33:12 <mcs> hi to all
17:34:26 <pospeselr> hellloo
17:34:40 <antonela> o/
17:37:08 <GeKo> okay, let's get started
17:38:01 <GeKo> it seems nothing is bold on the pad, good
17:38:27 <GeKo> sysrqb: i am a bit confused about the state of #30573
17:38:29 <pili> we're saving all our discussions for stockholm ;)
17:38:35 <GeKo> for sure
17:38:47 <GeKo> sysrqb: so, if you have some insight here that would be appreciated
17:39:32 <sysrqb> GeKo: i thought you requested a patch based on the alpha branch
17:39:43 <sysrqb> did i misunderstand?
17:40:21 <GeKo> acat: i wonder whether you could just ask for esr68 approval of the fix for 1561636
17:40:41 <GeKo> i think "being one patch less for us" is a valid reason here
17:40:53 <GeKo> given that this is low-risk and not affecting mozilla
17:41:11 <GeKo> i am quite optimistic that this would get granted
17:41:18 <sysrqb> GeKo: oh, hrm. i see you're comment on the ticket now.
17:41:21 <GeKo> sysrqb: no, you did not
17:41:24 <GeKo> yeah
17:41:40 <GeKo> i was under the impression that's an issue we have in the alpha as well
17:41:44 <acat> GeKo: ok, will do
17:42:31 <sysrqb> GeKo: okay, i'll respond on the ticket
17:43:10 <sysrqb> basically, yes, it is fixed in the lpha because of the only-private-tabs patch
17:43:26 <sysrqb> *alpha
17:44:24 <GeKo> aha, then we regressed with the patch, which is sad :(
17:45:08 <sysrqb> i'm surprised, because i saw the behavior/bug you mention in your comment
17:45:29 <sysrqb> but that it should be fixed in the last branch i pushed
17:45:57 <sysrqb> in the alpha, this patch should simply provide a better UX
17:46:12 <sysrqb> because it delays loading the url until after tor bootstraps
17:46:40 <sysrqb> rather than immediately loading it, and failing with a proxy error page
17:46:57 <sysrqb> but i'll look into this
17:48:17 <GeKo> thanks
17:48:28 <GeKo> i just double-checked but i did indeed pick bfad89ac82a059d613c949dfe9b473fff758c983
17:48:39 <GeKo> which shuld be the intended commit
17:48:43 <GeKo> *should
17:49:00 <GeKo> anyway
17:49:04 <sysrqb> okay.
17:49:07 <sysrqb> :/
17:49:32 <GeKo> do we have any last minute almost bold items we want to discuss?
17:49:39 <GeKo> or are we good with the status updates?
17:50:49 <GeKo> okay
17:50:52 <GeKo> discussion time
17:51:50 <GeKo> it seems for now we'll have the major tor browser roadmapping and team related sessions on monday
17:51:56 <GeKo> starting with the retrospective
17:52:10 <GeKo> and then doing roadmapping until we are done :)
17:52:35 <brade> Monday? Isn’t that a travel day?
17:52:44 <GeKo> yeah, sorry
17:52:48 <pospeselr> :)
17:52:53 <GeKo> i meant day 1
17:53:05 <GeKo> july 12th
17:53:19 <pospeselr> (Friday for those counting at home)
17:53:26 <antonela> haha
17:54:03 <GeKo> i suspect we'll have all sorts of longer term projects coming up during that as well
17:54:13 <GeKo> so, please think about your wishlist and bring it with you
17:54:18 <GeKo> it might be valuable :)
17:54:31 <GeKo> note, though, we already have a bunch of sponsor constraints
17:54:38 <GeKo> and the esr68 transition
17:54:42 * antonela loves wishlist
17:55:00 <GeKo> so while your wishlist might be long for the next 6 months or so (which is good!)
17:55:15 <GeKo> the actual roadmap might look slightly different
17:55:47 <GeKo> we'll then review what we have in the last session before the closing plenary on the last day
17:55:57 <GeKo> taking things into account that came up during the whole meeting
17:56:35 <GeKo> does that make sense or should we tweak that general plan already?
17:56:58 <GeKo> (we could if anybody has strong opinions here, don't be shy :) )
17:58:31 <sysrqb> i don't, that seems like a good starting point
17:58:32 <GeKo> okay, it seems we are good here then
17:59:05 <GeKo> anything else for the meeting today?
17:59:57 <mcs> nothing from me; I am looking forward to seeing people in person!
18:00:10 <acat> same here :)
18:00:11 <antonela> me too!
18:00:14 <antonela> :)
18:00:19 <GeKo> thanks then. and i am looking forward to seeing a lot of you in person again :) *baf*
18:00:24 <pospeselr> :)
18:00:27 <GeKo> #endmeeting