17:31:18 <GeKo> #startmeeting tor browser 6/10
17:31:18 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jun 10 17:31:18 2019 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:31:18 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:31:25 <GeKo> hello eveyone!
17:31:32 <boklm> hi!
17:31:33 <GeKo> ugh
17:31:36 <GeKo> *everyone
17:31:58 <GeKo> let's see what we have today
17:32:03 <GeKo> the status updates first
17:32:11 <GeKo> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/tHoN4Ii7rLSjPE0OP4gydX4cMGadsXmRQNc-6lwru0N
17:32:16 <sysrqb> o/
17:32:17 <GeKo> is the url as usual
17:33:13 * mcs is reading the pad
17:36:06 <GeKo> okay, let's get started
17:36:18 <Guest4839> o/
17:36:26 <GeKo> hi guest!
17:36:29 <GeKo> :)
17:36:30 <pospeselr> ugh
17:36:30 <sysrqb> :0
17:36:35 <sysrqb> :)
17:36:48 <acat> hi!
17:36:55 <pospeselr> o/
17:36:56 <pospeselr> lol
17:37:30 <GeKo> it seems there is nothing in bold
17:37:32 <GeKo> good
17:37:59 <GeKo> sysrqb: i  guess we should block the release on getting the google issue sorted out?
17:38:16 <sysrqb> hmm
17:38:42 <sysrqb> i guess yes
17:38:43 <GeKo> or should we say it's an alpha
17:38:55 <GeKo> and there are no sec issues getting fixed anyway
17:39:12 <sysrqb> yeah.
17:39:17 <GeKo> (we won't e.g. give you a blinking icon on desktop if you are running 9.0a1)
17:39:51 <sysrqb> i guess no reason for blocking other platforms for this
17:40:07 <sysrqb> hopefully this can be resolved within the next day
17:40:10 <GeKo> well
17:40:17 <sysrqb> but i don't actually know
17:40:19 <GeKo> what about f-droid and website?
17:41:09 <boklm> we still provide the link to the .apk, but mention in the blog post that the google play update is delayed?
17:41:12 <GeKo> or should we block the whole mobile platform
17:41:22 <sysrqb> i worry about partitioning those people from Google Play people
17:41:22 <GeKo> yes
17:41:31 <boklm> ah, yes
17:42:02 <GeKo> hm
17:42:35 <sysrqb> is hereanytihng in this release that would make 9.0a2 users identifiable from 9.0a1?
17:42:45 <sysrqb> *is there anything
17:43:10 <sysrqb> i guess i can look at the changelog :)
17:43:17 <GeKo> yes it is
17:43:22 <GeKo> the webgl stuff for instance
17:43:40 <sysrqb> hrm. okay.
17:43:43 <GeKo> but that additional bit probably does not matter much
17:44:29 <GeKo> okay, we block it on mobile
17:44:38 <sysrqb> true, it only leaks that the app was not installed from google play
17:44:57 <GeKo> but that sucks and i think i would not want to do it if we did not have so many potential stable users still on alpha
17:44:57 <sysrqb> which is not very important
17:45:30 <sysrqb> i agree
17:45:57 <GeKo> but we should use the opportunity to prominently point out that there is f-droid which is not subject to google's walled garden
17:46:37 <sysrqb> seems like a good idea
17:47:48 <GeKo> okay, anything else for the status update part?
17:48:57 <GeKo> boklm: nice work re snowflake, i guess next steps would be as well figuring out whether there are reproducibility issues
17:49:13 <GeKo> and then we can work on the actual integration in the UI
17:49:27 <GeKo> let me know when you think you have a branch ready for testing
17:49:36 <GeKo> and i try to get the same result on some of my machines
17:49:41 <boklm> ok
17:50:50 <GeKo> discussion then
17:50:54 <GeKo> tjr: you are up
17:51:37 <tjr> just a remidner if anyone wants to come :)
17:51:51 <tjr> We're going to finalizing (I hope) whistler meetings and I'll be asking people to make agendas
17:52:32 <GeKo> okay, anything else we should do for preparation?
17:52:41 <GeKo> (for those who will be at the meeting)
17:53:25 <tjr> I don't think so
17:53:40 <GeKo> alright, good then
17:53:56 <GeKo> anything else we should discuss today?
17:55:40 <GeKo> thanks everyone then! *baf*
17:55:43 <GeKo> #endmeeting