18:29:53 <GeKo> #startmeeting tor-browser 3/4 2019
18:29:53 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Mar  4 18:29:53 2019 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:29:53 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:29:59 <antonela> o/
18:30:00 <GeKo> pospeselr: it's fine
18:30:09 <GeKo> hello everyone
18:30:15 <GeKo> a new week a new status update
18:30:33 <GeKo> let's enter all the things into the pad in case you have not done so already
18:30:35 <boklm> hi!
18:30:44 <GeKo> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/tHoN4Ii7rLSjPE0OP4gydX4cMGadsXmRQNc-6lwru0N is the usual url
18:30:46 <pili> hi
18:30:54 <GeKo> and mark items you want to talk about bold
18:32:35 <sisbell> hi
18:35:27 <GeKo> alright, let's get started
18:36:23 <mcs> hmmm… no status update from GeKo?
18:36:23 <GeKo> nobody has marked anything bold it seems?
18:36:37 <GeKo> i have added stuff
18:36:49 * mcs reloading in case that helps
18:36:53 <GeKo> let me reload the pad
18:36:56 <GeKo> yeah
18:37:57 <GeKo> okay, added now
18:38:07 <mcs> I see it now. thx
18:38:20 <GeKo> sisbell: you have one item marked bold
18:38:25 <GeKo> so, go ahead
18:38:59 <sisbell> so, we don't use most of the resources in tor-android-service
18:39:08 <sisbell> They are use in the main orbot app project
18:39:22 <sisbell> So they really shouldn't be in the library part
18:39:52 <sisbell> We don't have to do this now, but its a good cleanup step
18:40:18 <GeKo> have you reached out to the guardianproject folks to get a feeling what they think about?
18:41:11 <GeKo> and in what way would we still use orbot once we start using topl?
18:41:39 <GeKo> could you give a short explanation on how topl/tor-android-service/orbot belong together
18:41:43 <sisbell> Do we need to take into account main orbot project for this?
18:41:48 <GeKo> in the new world?
18:42:06 <sisbell> I'll talk to them then
18:42:35 <GeKo> well, what is the alternative?
18:42:44 <GeKo> we'd carry along a pile of orbot patches?
18:43:35 <sisbell> I'll see if they are game for using tor-android-service
18:44:01 <GeKo> i know they are very interested in topl
18:44:03 <sisbell> In this case, it would be more important to move the resources
18:44:39 <GeKo> i am not sure about tor-android-service as i still seem to lack an understanding how all the pieces belong together
18:44:45 <GeKo> (see my question above)
18:44:56 <GeKo> but maybe we can chat about that after the meeting?
18:45:03 <sisbell> tor-android-service is a merger of TOPL and orbotservice
18:45:30 <sisbell> so its susposed to be a drop in replacement
18:45:53 <sisbell> sure we can chat after
18:46:11 <GeKo> okay, thanks. let's get on with the meeting
18:46:18 <GeKo> at any rate
18:46:31 <GeKo> we should talk to the guardian project people
18:46:48 <sysrqb> +1
18:46:49 <GeKo> can you write an email to nathan and hans explaining where we are
18:46:54 <GeKo> and what we plan to do
18:47:04 <GeKo> and Cc me and probably sysrqb?
18:47:10 <GeKo> so we get the discussion started
18:47:13 <sisbell> sure, i'll do that
18:47:24 <GeKo> i mean if we need to carry patches ourselves for a while, that's cool
18:47:42 <GeKo> but i'd like to get to a state where this is not needed anymore
18:47:50 <GeKo> great, thanks!
18:48:14 <GeKo> sisbell: oh, what's your estimate for #29575?
18:48:31 <GeKo> i'd like to look at the whole topl part this week if possible
18:48:34 <sisbell> I think today.
18:48:37 <GeKo> to get it in the next alpha
18:48:42 <sisbell> So by tomorrow you can have a look
18:48:46 <GeKo> that would be neat!
18:49:22 <GeKo> pospeselr: have you seen my last comment on #29210?
18:49:26 <GeKo> err
18:49:29 <GeKo> #29120
18:49:47 <pospeselr> yep
18:49:47 <GeKo> could you get the bugzilla things going for that one?
18:49:59 <GeKo> i'd like to get at least feedback from moz folks about that
18:50:11 <GeKo> it was a nice find by a cypherpunk
18:50:13 <GeKo> thanks!
18:50:33 <GeKo> okay, nothing else is bold, are we done with status updates?
18:52:20 <GeKo> alright
18:52:27 <GeKo> anything up for discussion?
18:52:43 <GeKo> i just added releases as an item
18:53:07 <GeKo> i think we won't have the time to get another alpha out before the 3/19 release
18:53:33 <GeKo> so we should use this week and early next week to get everything (yes, everything ;) ) into shape :)
18:54:08 <GeKo> mcs: brade: i could need review help for #25658
18:54:20 <mcs> GeKo: ack
18:54:25 <GeKo> because i need to review a bunch of other large patches
18:54:33 <GeKo> thx
18:54:51 <GeKo> oh, then two usual reminders:
18:55:13 <GeKo> 1) it's begin of the new month, thus please update your timesheets if needed
18:55:24 <GeKo> 2) please keep doing the status updates on #tor-dev
18:55:34 <GeKo> or if you have not done so, please finally start doing that
18:55:54 <GeKo> it's more of a help for everyone keeping updated than you might think
18:56:34 <GeKo> thanks all i guess! *baf*
18:56:37 <GeKo> #endmeeting