18:29:45 <GeKo> #startmeeting tor browser 2/472019
18:29:45 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Feb  4 18:29:45 2019 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:29:45 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:29:50 <GeKo> alright
18:29:57 <GeKo> hello everyone
18:29:59 <sisbell> hi
18:30:01 <pili> hi
18:30:02 <boklm> hi
18:30:15 <GeKo> the pad is https://storm.torproject.org/shared/tHoN4Ii7rLSjPE0OP4gydX4cMGadsXmRQNc-6lwru0N, please add your notes if not done already
18:30:23 <GeKo> and start looking over the ones from other folks
18:30:44 <mcs> hi
18:32:48 <GeKo> okay, let's get started
18:32:53 <GeKo> tjr you have the mic
18:33:21 <tjr> Oh yea: what do you think about https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1524742
18:33:43 <tjr> TB disables safebrowsing doesn't it? Is the link even there?
18:33:46 * tjr goes to check...
18:34:25 <tjr> Nope; the link's there...
18:34:38 <tjr> I guess we should fix it? But with low priority?
18:35:13 <GeKo> why is that per OS anyway?
18:35:50 <GeKo> i mean do users get OS specific hints?
18:35:59 <tjr> Depending on the topic: yes
18:36:03 <tjr> For this particular topic: no
18:36:07 <mcs> It looks like there are several “Learn more” links that work that same way.
18:36:14 <GeKo> yeah
18:36:21 <GeKo> then, yes, let's get that fixed
18:37:02 <GeKo> tjr: should i comment on that ticket?
18:37:20 <tjr> I will add a comment saying "I don't think it's a very high priority" unless you disgaree
18:37:26 <tjr> But also that we want to fix it
18:37:34 <GeKo> sounds good, thanks
18:38:47 <GeKo> i think we are good here?
18:38:50 <tjr> yup
18:39:12 <GeKo> i marked the tor launcher proposal item bold
18:39:22 <GeKo> mcs: brade: thanks for that
18:39:32 <GeKo> are we good with that one?
18:39:45 <GeKo> or do we have amendments that should get made now?
18:40:04 <mcs> boklm made some helpful comments; we will revised to account for them.
18:40:50 <mcs> s/revisedrevise it/
18:40:57 <GeKo> yeah
18:41:13 <GeKo> i think it looks good
18:41:19 <mcs> great!
18:41:40 <mcs> Probably we will learn some new things when we try to implement it :)
18:41:49 <GeKo> for sure
18:41:50 <GeKo> :)
18:42:05 <GeKo> so, i guess just update the proposal and then i add it to the repo
18:42:13 <mcs> sounds good
18:42:20 <GeKo> and then you can take this as a guideline for implementation?
18:42:50 <mcs> Yes. The sooner we work in implementation the better, I think.
18:42:58 <mcs> s/in/on/
18:43:01 <GeKo> yup
18:43:08 <GeKo> okay, pili!
18:43:18 <pili> 2 announcements
18:43:28 <pili> first we have the Tor Browser Release meeting this week
18:43:39 <pili> anyone in particular we should invite?
18:44:14 <GeKo> i don't think so
18:44:27 <pili> I can't think of anyone in particular but let me know if anyone has any ideas
18:44:47 <pili> 2nd announcement, I want to run a brainstorming session/meeting about what our vision is for the Tor Browser team
18:45:04 <tjr> For the team; or for the Browser?
18:45:10 <pili> both
18:45:17 <pili> tjr: do you want to be invited? :)
18:45:27 <tjr> ... yes :)
18:45:32 <pili> yeah, makes sense :)
18:45:50 <GeKo> actually, let's not make it team focused i guess
18:45:56 <pili> this will help us have a common goal as well as help us when it comes to looking for funding
18:46:01 <pili> GeKo: that's fine for me also
18:46:05 <GeKo> but the idea is what we want from Tor Browser in the future
18:46:09 <pili> yup
18:46:25 <GeKo> this is porbably not a single brainstorming session
18:46:37 <GeKo> but we should get started with it
18:47:29 <GeKo> one important point here is that it will help us thinking about which kind of features we want to have funding for
18:47:41 <GeKo> and how we should prioritize things in the coming years
18:47:52 <pili> I've sent a doodle out with some times/dates for this week, there's not many I'm afraid, but hopefully we can find a time that works
18:49:07 <GeKo> okay, do we have anything else for the team?
18:49:20 <GeKo> both status updates/discussion items?
18:49:53 <pili> not from me
18:52:02 <GeKo> okay, one final note from me: it seems that the status update things works better now
18:52:16 <GeKo> please keep this goingit's helpful
18:52:38 <GeKo> that said, thanks all for the (short) meeting today and happy tor browser improving!
18:52:44 <GeKo> *baf*
18:52:48 <GeKo> #endmetting
18:52:56 <GeKo> #endmeeting