16:59:50 <donuts> #startmeeting ux weekly sync
16:59:50 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Feb 15 16:59:50 2022 UTC.  The chair is donuts. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:59:50 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:00:10 <donuts> UX team meeting is now, is anyone here today?
17:00:15 <donuts> Nah is afk for the rest of the day
17:00:22 <donuts> Pad here: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-ux-team-2022-keep
17:00:24 <nicob> hi hello
17:00:29 <donuts> morning nicob ^^
17:00:41 * donuts updates the pad...
17:01:31 <championquizzer> o/
17:01:44 <donuts> hey championquizzer!
17:02:14 <donuts> okay in terms of announcements, the only one we have is Tor Browser 11.0.6
17:02:20 <donuts> https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-1106/
17:02:45 <donuts> I noticed it was missing a few features/fixes though that have got lost somewhere between alpha and stable
17:02:56 <donuts> some of these may have been in a previous stable, I'm not actually sure
17:03:16 <donuts> we're reviewing our processes here (in the applications team) to hopefully prevent this kind of thing in future
17:03:38 <donuts> but it should all be fixed in 11.0.7
17:04:10 <donuts> one thing I've noticed is that the first-time launch bug is still present in 11.0.6, so that may be one of the missing commits since alpha was working fine for me – but I'm not 100% sure
17:05:09 <championquizzer> i see. i noticed the missing features bug was mentioned in the changelog for 11.0.6
17:05:16 <donuts> here's the list so far: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40809
17:05:20 <championquizzer> and we don't have any reports ever since :)
17:05:36 <donuts> championquizzer: hrm interesting, I've definitely been experiencing it still in 11.0.6
17:06:09 <donuts> but good to know that we're not getting any additional user reports :)
17:06:28 <championquizzer> donuts: only on mac or windows as well?
17:06:49 <donuts> I only use mac :3
17:07:07 <donuts> richard are you staying or not
17:07:24 <richard> rural internet lol
17:07:25 <championquizzer> ah, ok. will report if I find the bug again in my tests or user reports :)
17:07:32 <donuts> hahaha
17:07:40 <donuts> sounds good, thanks championquizzer!
17:08:11 <donuts> okay, let's update the weekly planning section next
17:08:26 <donuts> reminder to please highlight anything you'd like to discuss in **bold**
17:08:46 <donuts> and make sure your tickets in the team kanban are in the right columns and assigned to the right people :)
17:08:47 <donuts> https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/boards?scope=all&label_name[]=UX%20Team
17:12:22 <nicob> 👍
17:14:25 <donuts> okay I think I'm done, does the thumbs up mean you're done too nicob?
17:14:53 <nicob> yes :)
17:14:58 <donuts> hehe thanks
17:15:18 <donuts> doesn't look like we have any bold items today
17:15:35 <donuts> do you have any Qs or is there anything you'd like to discuss about your workload this week nicob?
17:15:55 <nicob> Not at this moment, I feel okay!
17:16:03 <donuts> great!
17:16:20 <donuts> championquizzer: following our convo last week I added "check-in with user support" to our evergreen agenda :)
17:16:40 <donuts> I see aguestuser has been making some progress in tracking down the android bug we discussed!
17:16:47 <donuts> is there anything else you'd like to bring up this week?
17:17:06 <championquizzer> yep! been following the ticket...v nice progress
17:17:40 <miko[m]> * miko lurking
17:17:52 <donuts> please ping me any other existing fenix bugs you'd consider high priority too
17:18:03 <championquizzer> oh on that ..
17:18:04 <donuts> it's useful for me when figuring out how to roadmap these fixes
17:18:11 <donuts> hi miko[m]!
17:18:15 <championquizzer> we have a bug for uploading files on android too
17:18:18 <championquizzer> hehe
17:18:24 <donuts> oh lol
17:18:27 <donuts> I wonder if it's related
17:18:40 <donuts> is there an existing ticket for it somewhere?
17:18:45 <championquizzer> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40283
17:19:07 <miko[m]> hi donuts!
17:19:08 <championquizzer> long standing bug ...we have it added to "known issues" here:
17:19:15 <championquizzer> https://tb-manual.torproject.org/mobile-tor/#known-issues
17:19:24 <donuts> "Created 1 year ago" aiiiii fenix
17:19:45 <donuts> okay thanks for the heads up, we can prioritize this next :)
17:20:00 <championquizzer> thanks :)
17:20:08 <donuts> np!
17:20:19 <donuts> are we good for today everyone?
17:20:26 * donuts is gonna grab lunch
17:20:32 <nicob> I'm good!
17:20:42 <championquizzer> me too! thanks all
17:20:46 <championquizzer> o/
17:21:04 <nicob> thanks donuts!
17:21:07 <donuts> awesome, see you same time next week then!
17:21:08 <donuts> thanks everyone o/
17:21:16 <donuts> #endmeeting