13:59:29 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team Meeting - January 31 2022
13:59:29 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jan 31 13:59:29 2022 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:59:29 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:59:31 <championquizzer> hello! o/
13:59:34 <ggus> Hi all!
13:59:47 <ggus> we're starting now the community team meeting :)
13:59:59 <ggus> here's our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2022-keep
14:00:09 <nina13[m]> Hi!
14:00:17 <ggus> feel free to add other topics to the agenda, and please add your updates
14:00:20 <miko[m]> hi!
14:00:24 <championquizzer> o/
14:00:39 <ggus> and when you are done updating pad, let us know
14:01:58 <emmapeel> o/
14:05:55 <miko[m]> done!
14:06:14 <emmapeel> done
14:06:26 <championquizzer> (done)
14:06:34 <nina13[m]> done
14:06:55 <ggus> great! let's get started
14:07:03 <ggus> * (update) Team roadmap and OKrs
14:07:34 <ggus> Last week we met to discuss our team roadmap and okrs
14:07:42 <ggus> i'm still wrapping up with gaba and isa
14:07:55 <ggus> but very soon i will publish it on our internal wiki
14:08:14 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/team/-/wikis/home
14:08:22 <ggus> you can find the previous okrs and roadmap here^
14:10:04 <ggus> if you look at Q4-2021-roadmap, we almost finish all the tasks there: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/team/-/wikis/Roadmap-Q4-2021
14:11:36 <ggus> alright, i will move to the next topic since this was just an announcement
14:11:49 <ggus> * Gamification project weekly update
14:12:10 <miko[m]> \o/
14:12:20 <ggus> miko is publishing the relay operator survey, and she shas more updates to share :)
14:12:30 <miko[m]> shiny new observations here: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/relays/-/issues/31
14:12:44 <ggus> gman999: ^
14:13:02 <miko[m]> to summarize: meetups are not popular enough atm but people will attend if there are more
14:14:06 <ggus> last year we did only one public meetup (during R3C)
14:14:12 <miko[m]> lots of operators are "veterans" (we need a different term for this) - meaning they have been running relays for 5-10 years and more
14:14:40 <miko[m]> the pandemic probably has something to do with meetup popularity
14:15:10 <emmapeel> we will see on next meetup
14:15:24 <miko[m]> yess!
14:15:41 <miko[m]> everything else is written better in the report (with infographs)
14:15:49 <championquizzer> also happy to see the responses to q5
14:16:30 <miko[m]> there are two more reports more qualitative in nature. this time i did not quote relay operators lest we have to hide it away on nextcloud
14:16:45 <miko[m]> i'll be releasing both today in a few hours
14:17:02 <miko[m]> that's all for insights
14:17:25 <ggus> great work, miko!
14:17:28 <championquizzer> very nice. ty, miko[m]
14:17:39 <emmapeel> thanks miko[m]
14:17:44 <miko[m]> championquizzer: yess! "keep doing what you're doing coz you're doing great"
14:17:44 <ggus> championquizzer: i was expecting more sad operators
14:17:45 <emmapeel> more than 50 relays... phew!
14:18:13 <championquizzer> ggus: yeah
14:18:17 <miko[m]> nobody is sad! xD
14:18:17 <ggus> we had more :| :) :D than :/ :(
14:18:37 <emmapeel> cool
14:18:39 <miko[m]> ahhaha
14:18:50 <miko[m]> some success from the bridge campaign coming thru here
14:19:14 <miko[m]> people are definitely excited about this project and running relays
14:19:45 * gman999 lurking...
14:19:47 <gman999> i see
14:20:29 <miko[m]> all "issues" are mostly related to ISPs terminating connections and not notifying relay operators
14:20:49 <miko[m]> that's something we can warn people about. "this is likely to happen"
14:21:53 * gman999 now going into a $work meeting... sorry!
14:22:17 <miko[m]> see you around gman999 hehe
14:22:17 <ggus> we need to revamp Bad Good ISPs page, but it's something that we should add for some sponsor work.
14:22:42 <ggus> maybe even for the next outreachy round
14:22:47 <miko[m]> hmm, we should write what "bad ISPs" entail
14:22:56 <miko[m]> haha yes
14:23:02 <emmapeel> yeah
14:23:22 <miko[m]> aside from analytics i will be working on personas and mockups
14:23:47 <miko[m]> one persona i have little info on is relay operators who are part of relay organizations
14:24:09 <miko[m]> ^ this info gap will be covered by interviews
14:24:59 <ggus> some of these +50 relays are from relay associations
14:25:15 <miko[m]> gus: i will send you an interview agenda which we can send to interviewees
14:25:17 <ggus> and good news: they have volunteered to do the interview
14:25:37 <emmapeel> yay!
14:26:14 <miko[m]> we want them to come prepared and also let them know they have ~5 minutes of time to speak freely about their experiences
14:26:22 <miko[m]> @gus: how many interview candidates do we have now?
14:26:49 <ggus> i believe we have 11 ppl
14:27:04 <miko[m]> we can schedule interviews anytime this week and next week
14:27:57 <miko[m]> gus: sounds great. does 15-20 minutes audio interviews per person sound good enough to you?
14:28:41 <ggus> i would reserve 30 minutes, because people might have connectivity issues
14:30:00 <championquizzer> nice!
14:30:42 <championquizzer> good timing since we have the fosdem meetup coming up as well :)
14:30:42 <ggus> anything else, miko?
14:30:52 <ggus> yeah
14:31:10 <ggus> maybe we should present some of the survey results there too
14:31:18 <ggus> what do you think, miko?
14:31:39 <miko[m]> alright sounds good
14:31:49 <miko[m]> today i will be done with 2 more reports
14:32:07 <miko[m]> so in all, 4 report links can be sent to interviewees along with agenda
14:32:50 <miko[m]> championquizzer: yess! the last meetup was also a huge learning experience for me
14:33:34 <ggus> great!
14:33:47 <miko[m]> https://pad.riseup.net/p/cVs1OfnGyclGgXRbWhEe interview questions rough draft here
14:34:02 <miko[m]> lmk how to improve these questions (or omit some)
14:35:05 <ggus> we can review together this week after you wrap up the reports
14:35:27 <miko[m]> that works hehe
14:35:32 <miko[m]> that's all from my side!
14:35:44 <ggus> thnak you, miko!
14:36:01 <miko[m]> thanks everyone!
14:36:24 <miko[m]> thank youuu gus haha
14:36:42 <ggus> :D
14:36:47 <ggus> * Telegram support channel: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/support/-/issues/40059
14:37:04 <ggus> alright, our next topic is about the new user support channel in telegram
14:37:32 <ggus> we've soft launched last week to some partners and other organizations in russia
14:37:57 <ggus> nina13: do you remember how many requests have we received/answered since last monday?
14:38:19 <nina13[m]> around 270
14:39:27 <nina13[m]> mostly bridges, of cause, but a way more requests to help with connection comparing frontdesk tickets
14:39:34 <ggus> woah! and what's your first impression? and comparing to RT, what do you think?
14:40:07 <nina13[m]> and some requests start from the "How can I download Tor Browser"
14:40:51 <nina13[m]> so the channel is staring point for those who haven't used it before censorship events
14:41:19 <ggus> Interesting!
14:41:49 <ggus> we're reaching a new audience and not just 'old' users
14:42:15 <emmapeel> oh wow. that is a good way to circumvent censorship
14:42:51 <championquizzer> yeah, i think TG has a lower communication barrier than RT (chat v email I guess)
14:43:09 <nina13[m]> I even got a request to arrange tor browser download via Telegram
14:43:30 <emmapeel> is it possible to link the telegram bot with gettor)
14:43:31 <emmapeel> ?
14:43:51 <ggus> yes, meskio will work on it after rdsys migration/integration
14:44:00 <ggus> it's on AC team roadmap
14:44:07 <emmapeel> nice!
14:44:25 <ggus> but i don't know when it will happen
14:45:30 <ggus> nina13: after the meeting, i will check if we can change the channel name and remove the 'Bot'.
14:45:46 <championquizzer> ha, yeah ...good idea
14:45:50 <ggus> so people don't '/menu' you
14:45:51 <nina13[m]> ggus: that would be great
14:46:38 <nina13[m]> I'm worried they wait for the bridges from me while they can get it with or real bot =)
14:47:04 <ggus> yeah!
14:47:40 <ggus> alright! anything else about the telegram channel that you would like to share?
14:48:37 <nina13[m]> your speech on the conf had massive impact - huge number of tickets during weekend
14:48:51 <ggus> :D niceee!
14:48:56 <championquizzer> \o/
14:49:01 <emmapeel> which conf?
14:49:49 <ggus> last week meskio and i spoke on a private conference for digital security trainers in russia
14:49:57 <emmapeel> oh nice
14:50:18 <championquizzer> https://twitter.com/RuBlackListNET/status/1487062236967354368?s=20&t=41EO9fXNLej62i3YBS1vww
14:50:26 <miko[m]> \o/
14:50:29 <ggus> i met dedmorz translator there
14:50:50 <emmapeel> oh, that is where you met him. nice!
14:51:40 <ggus> alright, i have another quick update before we wrap up this meeting
14:51:49 <ggus> * Tor Training in Brazil and Mexico (March-2022)
14:52:07 <ggus> Tor, Tails and The Guardian Project is working together one a training cycle in March
14:52:17 <miko[m]> woww
14:52:18 <ggus> for human rights defenders in Mexico and Brazil
14:52:29 <ggus> we're putting the call
14:52:39 <ggus> and probably will go live end of this week
14:52:54 <ggus> this is part of sponsor30 work
14:53:17 <ggus> and we will conduct the trainings in portuguese and spanish
14:54:06 <ggus> i don't think i have a specific ticket for this task, but i will open one
14:54:44 <ggus> the training will teach about: tor browser, tails, orbot, and tor for mobile devices (tba + onion browser)
14:54:58 <championquizzer> awesome
14:55:30 <ggus> oh, and they will be online
14:55:44 <ggus> we first planned to do irl activities
14:55:52 <ggus> but then omicron screwed up
14:56:10 <nyxnor[m]> I know orbot but what is tba pls? Tor Browser for Android?
14:56:18 <championquizzer> nyxnor[m]: yeah
14:56:27 <ggus> tor browser for android
14:56:54 <nyxnor[m]> Kk, thanks
14:57:32 <ggus> we can talk more on the other channels or next week during the community team weekly meeting
14:57:44 <ggus> i will stop the bot because another meeting is happening here
14:57:49 <ggus> #endmeeting