Started logging meeting in #debian-edu, times are UTC.
[19:00:23] <danielsan> kugg: cool, thanks
[19:00:40] <kugg> ill try to make it look like the privous ones
[19:00:41] <pere> so, for the summary writer, please state your name using /me = Full Name
[19:00:45] * pere = Petter Reinholdtsen
[19:00:54] * danielsan = Daniel Heß
[19:00:54] <pere> #topic Who writes the summary?
[19:00:54] * kugg Christoffer Jerkeby
[19:01:00] * white = Steffen Joeris
[19:01:28] * stockholm = stockholm
[19:01:34] * h01ger = Holger Levsen
[19:01:34] <pere> #agreed Christoffer Jerkeby has volunteered to write the summary
[19:01:35] * stockholm = Andreas Schuldei
[19:01:50] <pere> #topic remaining steps to release r1 - bugs
[19:02:04] <pere> so, who want to go first?
[19:02:43] <pere> ok
[19:02:46] * h01ger hasnt checked mail since 11 UTC, doing so now
[19:02:55] <danielsan> wow, bugzilla looks much nicer now
[19:03:11] <pere> as far as I know, we have fixed all P1 and P2 bugs, and several P3 bugs as well. we are ready to release, and have only a few updates left.
[19:03:43] <h01ger> #link
[19:03:48] <pere> d-e-doc need to be pushed, and it would be nice to have sitesummary and flashplugin-nonfree as well, but the latter two are just nice to have.
[19:03:50] <h01ger> roadmap agrees with pere :)
[19:04:09] <pere> For the summary writer, please state your name using /me = Full Name if you arrived after the meeting started
[19:04:31] <h01ger> sitesummary 0.0.34 lacks a proposal with a summary of changes :)
[19:04:36] <pere> we could also update d-e-install with a new translation, but I suggest we leave it for later.
[19:04:37] * kugg = Christoffer Jerkeby
[19:05:06] <h01ger> we could also update d-e-d with a completed italian translatoin, but I suggest we leave it for later.
[19:05:10] <pere> h01ger: yeah. I decided to not push for it, as the changes can be pushed later. none of the features are important for r1.
[19:05:36] <danielsan> sitesummary works now, so 0.0.34 should be ok for r1
[19:05:41] <pere> so, the updated documentation is the only fairly important package to push into stable, and it is also just nice to have. :)
[19:05:49] <h01ger> pere, but 0.0.33 is known buggy, i have not fully followed the bug, does it effect everyone and do we need to care?
[19:06:25] <pere> h01ger: yes, bit 0.0.30 is ok and in stable.
[19:07:16] <h01ger> ah, ok
[19:07:27] <h01ger> so we keep sitesummary
[19:07:30] <pere> should I push for 0.0.34 in stable? the nice features it adds is to make sitesummary more useful for larger installations.
[19:07:49] <pere> now it can list which machines have old kernels, and which machines have not reported in for the last few days.
[19:08:37] <pere> #agreed all P1 and P2 bugs are fixed, and we are ready to release. d-e-doc need to be pushed into the stable repository
[19:08:48] * h01ger was involved in d-e-install (but only adding translations and a minor cleanup), but/so i'm a bit unsure if i should move it from etch-test to etch or not - because of ftpmaster policy... Werner, white, zobel: are you available to do that tonite?
[19:09:06] <h01ger> same for d-e-doc (its only translations changes this time)
[19:09:20] <pere> h01ger: d-e-install is already pushed.
[19:09:22] <h01ger> site-summary i could move, but hasnt been requested.
[19:09:40] <white> h01ger: you can do d-e-doc, if you want
[19:09:51] <h01ger> pere, oh. then is not up2date..
[19:10:14] <h01ger> white, ok
[19:10:38] * jever = Jürgen leibner
[19:10:52] <jever> sorry for being late
[19:11:25] <h01ger> white, would you have time and interest to do flashplugin-nonfree? there is no security-support issue as it soon (when debian releases r2) will be obsoleted by the new version in debian. but it would give todays users the possibility to install adobes nonfree flash with apt-get install
[19:11:34] <pere> so, are there any bugs we need to fix before r1 that is not P1 or P2 in bugzilla?
[19:12:00] * sepski = Ronny Aasen sorry for beeing late
[19:12:05] <h01ger> not that i know about (=none were on the list)
[19:12:10] <pere> h01ger: it is not important to r1, as it will not show up on the dvd. I suggest we move it after r1.
[19:12:22] <white> h01ger: not tonight, but probably tomorrow. Can you write the request?
[19:12:55] <h01ger> pere, fine by me. but we need to test the final etch cds anyway. how long would you assume for that? a day? two? three? more? /me would say two
[19:12:55] <white> we need to keep track of it then, because we are giving security support for all our packages
[19:13:05] <white> while debian does not have sec support for contrib/non-free
[19:13:05] <pere> #agreed h01ger can process is own package debian-edu-doc into stable.
[19:13:13] * finnarne = Finn-Arne Johansen
[19:13:20] * h01ger gets pizza \o/
[19:13:26] <h01ger> white, your or our tomorrow?
[19:13:36] <white> ?
[19:14:29] <white> h01ger: i do not understand your question :/
[19:15:04] <h01ger> h01ger: not tonight, but probably tomorrow.
[19:15:06] <pere> h01ger: it depends on the amount of new packages how much testing we should do. if the only change is the -doc package, I would say less then a day. I've tested the netinst and dvd images of etch/i386 today, and both worked.
[19:15:19] * klausade = Klaus Ade Johnstad
[19:15:39] <white> h01ger: i still have no idea what the question means, but as said, i can probably look into the flash thing tomorrow
[19:15:57] <pere> #agreed pere should request a new sitesummary package into stable, to get the new features included in r1.
[19:15:58] <h01ger> pere, i'm not so sure if one tester is enough
[19:16:17] * Werner = Morten Werner Forsbring
[19:16:18] * danielsan has installed an amd64 last week
[19:16:21] <Werner> sorry for beeing late
[19:16:21] <sepski> ill test etch tomorrow too
[19:16:28] <pere> h01ger: well, if it was the only test, but we have a pretty good view of what has changed, and what has been tested.
[19:16:32] <danielsan> and some i386 with kvm/qemu
[19:16:57] <pere> I say we copy the images tomorrow morning assuming the packages have been moved, and release on wednesday.
[19:17:44] <h01ger> we could say "release wednesday 18 utc" if no blockers are found. and prepare PR for that, and then the press can write it on thursday, friday, sunday
[19:18:00] * finnarne installed an Intel Xeon who ended up as amd64
[19:18:15] <h01ger> finnarne, thats documented behaviour with the dvd
[19:18:17] <sepski> finnarne, isn't that correct if it's a 54bit xeon ?
[19:18:21] <sepski> 64..
[19:19:28] <kugg> ping
[19:20:15] <pere> #agreed we copy the images on tuesday, and release wednesday 18:00 UTC.
[19:20:24] <h01ger> if we move sitesummary anyway (before) tmorrow morning, i could upload another d-e-doc with the finished italian translation and also moved. then we copy that image tomorrow morning and release wednesday..
[19:20:36] <h01ger> because then the image will change once more anyway
[19:20:40] <danielsan> yes, recent intel cpus are amds :)
[19:21:10] <h01ger> finnarne, btw, its also documented how to install i386 with the dvd :)
[19:21:16] <h01ger> s/btw// :)
[19:21:40] <h01ger> do we agree on a new d-e-d too?
[19:21:51] <sepski> i agree
[19:21:56] <jever> yes
[19:21:57] <danielsan> me too
[19:21:59] <finnarne> h01ger: I just noticed today when I wanted to do an apt-get update, and it failed to download the local amd repository from
[19:22:00] <kugg> sure
[19:22:31] <pere> finnarne: which URL?
[19:22:37] <h01ger> finnarne, when excatly today? Werner shut of the httpd for a while, to install apache2. aeh, was that today, Werner ?
[19:22:45] <pere> h01ger: yes, please make the -doc package as up to date as possible.
[19:23:17] <finnarne> pere: ftp.skolelinux.org_skolelinux_dists_etch_local_binary-amd64_Packages
[19:23:27] <finnarne> + .gz
[19:23:34] <h01ger> nope. it was last nite. no sleep and traveling doesnt go well
[19:23:43] <kugg> are we still discussing remaining steps towards r1?
[19:23:52] <h01ger> pere, #agreed ;)
[19:23:53] <pere> finnarne: exists now.
[19:23:53] <sepski> works now tho
[19:24:08] <h01ger> kugg, yes. there is also PR work on the agenda
[19:24:11] <finnarne> I know, I just added the repository back in, and it worked.
[19:24:27] <finnarne> pere: kan I use svk to find out when I edited soureses.lists ?
[19:24:40] <pere> #agreed h01ger will update the -doc package once more before r1.
[19:24:54] <h01ger> finnarne, yes. you should. its also described in the documentation :)
[19:24:57] <pere> finnarne: yes. cd /etc; svk log |less
[19:25:16] <pere> kugg: yes, we are.
[19:25:27] <kugg> great :)
[19:25:32] <pere> so, are we done with bugs and issues left for r1?
[19:25:39] <pere> will continue in 40 seconds.
[19:25:46] <danielsan> pere: please
[19:25:49] <finnarne> pere: 2007-12-03 12:37:59
[19:25:49] * h01ger nods
[19:26:01] <h01ger> right, finnarnes issue
[19:26:20] <pere> #topic remaining steps to release r1 - httpd issue
[19:26:22] * h01ger would like to resolve that, the agenda is short anyway :)
[19:26:33] <pere> it seem related to httpd. :)
[19:26:46] <pere> Werner: when was httpd down?
[19:26:55] <finnarne> yes, it was http (and not ftp)
[19:26:57] <h01ger> :)
[19:27:03] <h01ger> yesteray
[19:27:08] <h01ger> +d
[19:27:22] <pere> "HEAD" gave me 200 OK.
[19:27:51] <sepski> werners mail where he said he'd setup apache 2.2 had date 12/02/2007 10:53 PM
[19:28:28] <h01ger> well it can always be an network failure on finnarnes side, but maybe the apache upgrade didnt fix what i saw in #1267 and believe its fixed now
[19:28:33] <pere> I did not experience any timeout when I tested netinst today.
[19:28:50] <pere> who got amd64 and time to test?
[19:28:51] <h01ger> i havent tried to reproduce yet, will do tomorrow and wednesday
[19:29:14] <finnarne> I had no problem fetching etch/lenny/sid from at the same time
[19:29:14] <h01ger> #1267 was not amd64 specific :)
[19:29:46] <h01ger> finnarne, was sources.list changed today when you did the upgrade? or did the upgrade fail?
[19:29:48] * danielsan does not think apt has amd64 specific bugs in etch
[19:30:23] <pere> I believe someone need to test on amd64 and see if they can reproduce it.
[19:30:36] <pere> next topic?
[19:30:53] <finnarne> it was a dvd-install only (main+ws), then I wanted to fetch something, and edited sources.list, and did apt-get update
[19:30:55] <kugg> PR
[19:31:05] <h01ger> no, lets finish this
[19:31:06] <pere> #agreed some need to test if amd64 work with the skolelinux apt source
[19:31:35] <pere> h01ger: ok. keep going.
[19:31:38] <finnarne> failed. so I removed it, only to find that it was listed twice.
[19:31:46] <h01ger> finnarne, lets dicuss this after the meeting (or in /msg). the change to sources.list you did was sane? :)
[19:31:55] <h01ger> (lets stay here)
[19:32:02] <finnarne> h01ger: yes and yes
[19:32:13] <pere> ok. moving on.
[19:32:20] <pere> #topic remaining steps to release r1 - PR
[19:32:40] <pere> #link
[19:32:50] <h01ger> strange. i agree with danielsan that apt + amd64 specific bugs are quite unlikely
[19:33:25] <pere> I thought you would discuss it after the meeting?
[19:33:48] <h01ger> pere, i thought so to, but then did as you said. though now i wrote a /msg to finnarne :)
[19:33:51] <h01ger> PR?
[19:33:53] <h01ger> !
[19:34:07] <h01ger> ?
[19:34:11] <pere> is the english press release ready?
[19:34:20] <pere> should it be translated?
[19:34:26] <pere> who is coordinating PR work?
[19:35:23] <h01ger> not fully, would be cool, noone so far as far as i could see
[19:35:55] <pere> perhaps the PR people will flock to it when we announce wednesday as the release day?
[19:36:41] <pere> #agreed english press release text need more work. it would be nice to have it translated to norwegian, german, french etc, and it would be good if someone volunteered to coordinate the PR work.
[19:37:29] <pere> #agreed press release must be ready to wednesday 18:00.
[19:38:10] <pere> anything more to say?
[19:38:14] <h01ger> hmmm
[19:38:42] <h01ger> would be good is a bit weak, but as we are all volunteers quite approriate :)
[19:38:55] * h01ger thinks about the news section
[19:39:04] <pere> URL?
[19:39:08] <h01ger> which should be updated wednmesday 18 UTC too
[19:39:24] <h01ger> or something
[19:39:34] <h01ger> and
[19:39:53] <h01ger> #link
[19:40:04] <h01ger> #link
[19:40:08] <h01ger> #link
[19:40:17] <pere> 20 minutes left.
[19:40:28] * jever hasn't got access to until yet
[19:40:38] <h01ger> akai, ping
[19:41:08] <sepski> i supose akai will come at ~2100 for the frisk meeting
[19:41:09] <pere> #link
[19:41:15] <pere> still document how to get access.
[19:41:26] <h01ger> (jever sent a mail to akai+me about this yesterday, i replied to akai,lars and jever. i was in favor :)
[19:42:02] <jever> aaah
[19:42:07] <h01ger> hi larsris :)
[19:42:12] <larsris> hi!
[19:42:15] <pere> well, akai should have more than 1 day to respond. :)
[19:42:21] <h01ger> cheers!
[19:42:28] <h01ger> pere, sure. i was just summarizing
[19:42:28] <larsris> howdy!
[19:42:47] <larsris> all well Holger!
[19:42:49] <h01ger> larsris, is your email address correct on ?
[19:42:58] <pere> For the summary writer, please state your name using /me = Full Name if you arrived after the meeting started
[19:43:31] <larsris> yes
[19:43:58] <pere> larsris and xerakko, that means you two should use /me = Full Name. :)
[19:44:09] <pere> so, more to say on PR work?
[19:44:14] <h01ger> larsris, backlog is available at
[19:44:22] <h01ger> pere, yes
[19:44:45] <h01ger> larsris, quicker to read is
[19:46:09] <pere> 14 minutes left.
[19:46:43] <pere> h01ger: did you have more?
[19:46:46] <h01ger> 2 (short?) topics left
[19:47:14] <kugg> #
[19:47:14] <kugg> 3.
[19:47:14] <kugg> # any other business
[19:47:15] <kugg> # Next meeting?
[19:47:15] <h01ger> no, maybe larsris can give comment on giving jever acces, if he know how to or if we have to wait for akai
[19:48:42] <kugg> ok then where about done?
[19:48:59] <pere> 11 minutes left.
[19:49:01] <sepski> next meeting ?
[19:49:21] <pere> h01ger: it seem larsris have other plans.
[19:49:27] <pere> #topic any other business
[19:49:38] * larsris = Lars Risan but...
[19:49:39] <pere> who put this on the agenda?
[19:50:03] <larsris> yes, there is Skolelinux board meeting just coming up
[19:50:16] <larsris> I just popped in by accident
[19:50:30] * h01ger put this on the agenda, to have room for any other bussiness... i would suggest to continue with webaccess :)
[19:50:42] <pere> :)
[19:50:45] <h01ger> larsris, did you look at the meetbot urls?
[19:50:58] <pere> 9 minutes left.
[19:51:17] <larsris> no ... concerning but at the moment only
[19:51:28] <larsris> ..., akai is providing access
[19:51:30] <h01ger> larsris, please point the other board members at the meeting log and minutes, maybe this helps us getting more PR work done :)
[19:51:44] <larsris> Yes!
[19:51:49] <h01ger> great!
[19:51:57] * pere believe we should increase the development gathering frequency, and for that to happen, more people need to be involved in organizing them.
[19:52:16] <h01ger> larsris, iirc akai said at the last meeting you can give access too? and you are listed at the wiki page
[19:52:21] <pere> one meeting is planned in narvik in january/february. more meetings should be planned.
[19:52:52] <larsris> yes, well fine.Akai and I just need to talk about that! (because I dunno how ..)
[19:52:56] * h01ger discussed with cesar another meeting in extremadura, possibly in april/may. if this can happen will be known in january, maybe february
[19:53:08] <pere> who will join me at FSCONS in gøteborg on friday, btw? akai and Knut will be there, as well as me. Any others?
[19:53:25] <h01ger> larsris, ok. please document stuff you learn on :)
[19:53:40] <larsris> yes
[19:53:42] <pere> any other business?
[19:54:13] <h01ger> #link (FSCONS)
[19:54:17] * pere is really excited about the r1 release. I hope we get a lot of press coverage and a lot of new users. :)
[19:54:30] * h01ger too
[19:54:40] <Werner> you've done a great job!!
[19:54:41] <pere> I will bring a few skolelinux folders to FSCONS. :)
[19:54:42] * sepski is realy excited to start on lenny :)
[19:54:55] * h01ger plans to blog about the technical side of d-e-doc, also asking for more translations
[19:55:08] <sepski> altho i am painfully aware that my time goes mostly to other projects :/
[19:55:23] <h01ger> and to move the release-manual wiki pages to
[19:55:36] <h01ger> larsris, great!
[19:55:41] <pere> #topic Next meeting?
[19:55:46] <pere> 4 minutes left.
[19:56:08] <h01ger> wednesday 18 UTC?
[19:56:26] <h01ger> very short, followed by party (or fixing bugs :)
[19:56:28] <pere> we said last time, one week from now unless r1 is released. I am confident we will release on wednesday, and suggest we move it 1.5 month forwward.
[19:56:35] * h01ger nods pere
[19:56:57] <danielsan> yes, december is a busy month anyway
[19:57:01] * pere is busy wednesday 18:00. :)
[19:57:03] <h01ger> but we'll be here on wednesday 18 utc, right?
[19:57:29] <pere> the skolelinux people in narvik is visiting oslo, and I will join them for dinner.
[19:57:31] <danielsan> sure, to sing the release song
[19:57:45] <h01ger> pere, show them IRC! ;)
[19:57:48] <pere> :)
[19:57:58] <pere> so, next meeting when?
[19:58:20] * h01ger suggest to meet wesday at 18 UTC here without pere and release then too?
[19:58:30] <finnarne> pere: I guess you have to by them dinner then :)
[19:58:49] * h01ger suggests monday, january 14th, 19 utc
[19:58:50] <pere> #agreed release meeting 2007-12-05 18:00 to release, and next proper meeting some time in january.
[19:59:17] <pere> can.t busy that evening.
[19:59:18] <h01ger> or 21st?
[19:59:31] <pere> 21th work for me.
[19:59:55] <pere> #agreed january meeting 2008-01-21 19:00 UTC
[20:00:02] <pere> so, are we done?
[20:00:19] * h01ger thinks 21st is fine. we can discuss plans for lenny on the list anyway :) and we dont need to formally meet so frequently i'd say, a break is nice
[20:00:39] <sepski> good call
[20:00:43] <h01ger> cheers!
[20:00:45] * danielsan is fine with that too

Meeting ended.

Information on meetbot is available at