2 mic stands
[18:24:31] <des> p2-mate: noted
[18:24:33] <h01ger> dererk, hi! its meeting time :)
[18:24:36] * dererk appologies but have just arrived home from a loooog trip
[18:24:52] <des> and the mixer should have 5 inputs?
[18:24:53] <p2-mate> des: or 2 mic preamps with 1 channel would work as well
[18:25:04] <p2-mate> des: 5 mic inputs with phantom power
[18:25:09] <dererk> ( karora, hey :) how was your trip? )
[18:25:13] <h01ger> dererk, dont worry... :)
[18:25:24] <karora> dererk: Great so far :-)
[18:25:27] <h01ger> des, (at least) 5 xlr inputs. yes
[18:25:29] <edrz> h01ger: yes (regarding stereo pair)
[18:25:40] <h01ger> des, or we need another preamp
[18:25:49] <h01ger> edrz, so one mic stand per condenser stereo mic. good.
[18:26:07] * dererk backlogs
[18:26:30] <h01ger> anything else to say about hw planning atm?
[18:26:41] <h01ger> Yoe got the cable from herman..
[18:26:46] <p2-mate> des: 2x http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_mic_800.htm would be ok for example
[18:26:56] <h01ger> p2-mate, we only want one mixer
[18:27:04] <h01ger> we dont need to throw money out of the window
[18:27:07] <p2-mate> h01ger: euh ?
[18:27:16] <edrz> h01ger: the speaker mic doesn't need an xlr input on the mixer
[18:27:17] <h01ger> p2-mate, we only want one mixer - if we get a preamp thingie
[18:27:26] <h01ger> edrz, rrrrrrrrrright
[18:27:41] <h01ger> p2-mate, we have^wown a http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_xenyx_1622_fx.htm
[18:27:41] <p2-mate> h01ger: I'm missing something
[18:27:45] <p2-mate> h01ger: yes
[18:27:50] <h01ger> so we only need one mixer
[18:27:55] <p2-mate> h01ger: but one does not have enough mic inputs ?
[18:27:58] <p2-mate> h01ger: yes
[18:28:00] <h01ger> p2-mate, it does
[18:28:04] <p2-mate> h01ger: oh ?
[18:28:09] <h01ger> des: we also need two PAs
[18:28:12] <p2-mate> 4 is enough ?
[18:28:12] <karora> h01ger: p2-mate is not linking to a mixer.
[18:28:13] <h01ger> p2-mate, what edrz just said
[18:28:19] <h01ger> karora, eparse
[18:28:22] <edrz> we don't need mic preamps.
[18:28:25] <p2-mate> edrz: oh
[18:28:37] <p2-mate> edrz: the speaker mic does linelevel ?
[18:28:38] <edrz> the wireless receiver outputs line level
[18:28:41] <p2-mate> ah
[18:28:42] <p2-mate> great
[18:28:46] <dererk> Well, as planned, I'm meeting xerakko on friday to take his mic. no news
[18:28:49] <p2-mate> then it's ok :)
[18:28:55] <dererk> uhm, nice lags
[18:29:14] <p2-mate> so scrap both
[18:29:18] <h01ger> actually, i just checked the wireless mic:
[18:29:43] <h01ger> it has an xlr output (balanced out) and an mic plug output (unballanced out) - what does ballanced mean here?
[18:30:18] <p2-mate> h01ger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balanced_audio
[18:30:19] <h01ger> but so the 1622 is ok as a mixer (if unballanced out is fine...)
[18:30:38] <p2-mate> h01ger: basically differential signalling
[18:31:05] <h01ger> p2-mate, executive summary, please: can we use it (sensible)?
[18:31:18] <p2-mate> h01ger: you can
[18:31:21] <h01ger> cool
[18:31:24] <karora> Enough already! Alles gut! Todo bien!
[18:31:28] <h01ger> karora, yes
[18:31:29] <edrz> h01ger: balanced xlr can go to balance TRS in
[18:31:44] <des> ok, so no mic preamp
[18:32:01] <karora> Si
[18:32:01] <des> just 1 mixer 4 mic inputs with phantom power
[18:32:05] <h01ger> des: are you there? did you get, that a.) we only need one mixer. b.) we dont need preamps c.) we need two PAs d.) i'll still be there on friday :)
[18:32:37] <karora> des: Exactamente :-)
[18:32:51] <h01ger> if des received that, i'd suggest next point :)
[18:33:10] <des> h01ger: I'm here, a) yes, 4 inputs b) yes c) PAs?, isn't that the speaker boxes I mentioned already? d) yes
[18:33:32] <des> or does PA includes anything els?
[18:33:45] <karora> No. The 'speaker boxes' will be the thing.
[18:33:49] <h01ger> des, between the mixer and the boxes usually needs to be a PA. there a boxes with PAs included
[18:34:10] <h01ger> PA is a amplifier. the stage version of a hifi-amplifier at home
[18:34:24] <des> oh, I see
[18:34:25] <karora> Well, you can check on Friday, but the speakers probably have PA internally.
[18:34:34] <h01ger> ok. next then
[18:34:41] <des> ok, then I'll check, speakers with that or plus that
[18:34:55] <h01ger> right, wait: des, muchas gracias!!
[18:35:10] <h01ger> #topic 2.2 debconf8 - test streams pre-debconf
[18:35:43] <p2-mate> des: basically you need to go from line level to speakers, so either the speakers come with builting amplifiers or there is a seperate amplifier box. the first scenario is more likely though for the sort of PA system we need.
[18:36:08] <des> p2-mate: yes, I get, thanks
[18:36:20] <h01ger> i cannot configure apu as i dont have my passwd. Ganneff/mhy/sgran will fix that, but are visiting BA now and then travel to MDQ. when the fixed it, i will be on the way to BA. so probably not before maņana late evening
[18:36:38] <h01ger> so we will need to live with the test setup at edrz for some more hours or days.
[18:37:11] <h01ger> edrz, you havent commited the configs yet, did you?
[18:37:17] <edrz> no, not yet.
[18:37:22] <edrz> hopefully tonight.
[18:37:44] <h01ger> edrz, alternativly we could already put your test stream at home into the topic of #debconf. if you can deal with the traffic :)
[18:37:45] <edrz> but, if we don't get it going until saturday or sunday it's probably still ok.
[18:37:52] <h01ger> i think so too
[18:38:11] <h01ger> a week of client testing should definitly be^w^w^wis fine.
[18:38:17] <edrz> h01ger: I would rather not stream my unfinished basement to the world
[18:38:22] <h01ger> next point?
[18:38:24] <edrz> sure.
[18:38:25] <h01ger> edrz, point taken :)
[18:38:38] <h01ger> #topic 2.3 debconf8 - software, fai config
[18:39:07] <daven> one sec
[18:39:24] <h01ger> i have the src packages on my laptop and will build them while flying or driving the bus. also then, i'll update the fai configspace. there is a todo list inside the fai config space..
[18:39:30] <h01ger> daven, go ahead
[18:40:11] <edrz> h01ger: can you grab libshout3-2.2.2-5, instead?
[18:40:33] <h01ger> karora, btw, as this also relevant to streaming servers (which was the previous topic): contact Ganneff/weasel, how to get the logfiles from the streaming servers so you can do nice statistics, using munin and without munin :)
[18:40:40] <h01ger> edrz, sure. from where?
[18:40:43] <daven> what mic are you using for audience?
[18:40:44] <edrz> it's in lenny/sid, the one in jonas' repo is -4 and has a buggy patch applied
[18:40:56] <h01ger> daven, condenser mic and 2 wireless mics to pass around
[18:41:00] <daven> ok
[18:41:06] <h01ger> edrz, ok
[18:41:06] <karora> h01ger: I was planning to start on that when I get to MDQ on Saturday,
[18:41:09] <daven> the condenser mics hired locally, I take it
[18:41:19] <h01ger> karora, cool. (i remembered, but thought i tell you anyway :)
[18:41:20] <edrz> no, purchased for debconf-vidoe
[18:41:23] <edrz> video
[18:41:23] <h01ger> daven, no, we bought 2
[18:41:30] <edrz> 2 pairs, that is.
[18:41:39] <daven> :s/condenser/radio audience mics
[18:42:13] <h01ger> next?
[18:42:22] <edrz> h01ger: i would also like to be able to get to the logfiles, once we get things running.
[18:42:36] <edrz> just a sec,
[18:42:50] <edrz> ffmpeg2theora 0.21 has been tested and fixes the lfs issue
[18:42:57] <h01ger> edrz, i guess karora will collect them in a single location, hopefully a debconf.org host of the video team :)
[18:43:06] <edrz> and icecast 2.3.2 i have not yet managed to crash on amd64.
[18:43:24] <edrz> h01ger: sounds good.
[18:43:29] <h01ger> edrz, as someone (you? :) wrote on http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf8/Videoteam/Software :)
[18:43:35] <h01ger> next?
[18:43:36] <edrz> yes
[18:44:00] <h01ger> #topic 2.4 debconf8 - volunteer scheduling in penta
[18:44:10] <edrz> yes, that was me.
[18:44:10] <des> still todo sorry
[18:44:52] <des> I'll probably do it after today
[18:44:59] <edrz> no need to be sorry. you've been doing lots.
[18:44:59] <h01ger> des, any news? i saw on irc here that bwh / Womble2 commented a bit on penta stuff, but that was only encoding right?
[18:44:59] <h01ger> we need volunteer scheduling before encoding (for debconf8 - for debconf7 we needed encoded now :)
[18:44:59] <h01ger> des, ok.
[18:44:59] <h01ger> cool
[18:45:22] <h01ger> des, please do, as we will need to test it before making it public. and what edrz just said
[18:45:41] <h01ger> #topic 2.5 - debconf8 - debianday
[18:45:46] <des> ok :)
[18:46:21] * h01ger hugs des. y tranquilo. stay healthy & happy too :) at least try ;)
[18:46:29] <h01ger> any news on debianday?
[18:46:50] <dererk> Unfortunately, not any
[18:47:05] <des> more options
[18:47:07] <dererk> It's highly possible that we'll have to rent a place :/
[18:47:14] <h01ger> hmok. will we be able to take some computers to debianday? (from debconf?)
[18:47:27] <dererk> Uhm
[18:47:27] <des> yes we'll probably rent just to settle it asap
[18:47:37] <h01ger> and the 4 cameras?
[18:47:48] <dererk> I'm not sure
[18:48:04] <dererk> It's something we didn't talked with the cameras'guys
[18:48:14] <dererk> talk*
[18:48:16] <h01ger> would be great if you could find out. the cameras are obviously more important (as we could just not stream).
[18:48:23] * dererk waits for AOB
[18:48:25] <des> we need to talk with the owner, computers shouldn't be a problem
[18:48:31] <h01ger> the computers would be nice too, but we need cams :)
[18:48:35] <h01ger> ack
[18:48:52] <h01ger> and if all goes bad, the videoteam can enjoy debianday without work. not the worst option ;)
[18:49:08] <dererk> lol
[18:49:10] <Q_> *ponder*
[18:49:14] <Q_> Was the meeting today?
[18:49:14] <h01ger> #topic 3. any other business
[18:49:15] <p2-mate> hehe
[18:49:15] <p2-mate> and have a beer ! :)
[18:49:16] <edrz> i'm somewhat uncertain that we can get everything torn down in MDQ and set up in BA in time
[18:49:18] * karora can help set up but will need to go to EZE on debian day
[18:49:21] <h01ger> Q_, yeah :)
[18:49:22] <edrz> without killing ourselves in the process.
[18:49:27] <dererk> here, I talked with the cameras' guy, and I asked about any extras MIC/stands/etc and he told me he could only know about them in
[18:49:35] <dererk> err
[18:49:43] <Q_> Let's read it fast.
[18:49:45] <dererk> here, I talked with the cameras' guy, and I asked about any extras MIC/stands/etc and he told me he could only know about them in the moment
[18:49:57] <dererk> ok, I hate you ENTER key
[18:50:03] <h01ger> :)
[18:50:54] <h01ger> so, no more other business?
[18:51:07] <des> dererk: buy a keyboard with a RETURN key, then ;-p
[18:51:33] <edrz> I want an "ANY" key.
[18:51:44] <dererk> ok, ok, laugh about me :(
[18:51:44] <p2-mate> :)
[18:51:45] <Q_> How exactly are you going to mount 2 mics on 1 mic stand?
[18:51:48] <karora> edrz: Do I have an xmodmap for you...
[18:51:53] <dererk> but you could have childs like me!
[18:52:24] <edrz> Q_: the stereo pairs come with a stereo mic mount.
[18:52:36] <p2-mate> Q_: using a stereo mic mount
[18:53:00] <karora> IRC in stereo too :-)
[18:53:08] <dererk> lol
[18:53:17] <h01ger> Q_, karora, dererk, des: when do you arrive in MDQ? xerakko rather late, edrz early like me and tassie is not here... /me is already thinking about the next point, next meeting :) i guess friday afternoon in RL, saturday noon in RL, sunday in RL...
[18:53:28] <h01ger> any other business to discuss?
[18:53:31] * dererk arrives on Saturday Morning
[18:53:36] <edrz> Q_: http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_mce530_stereoset.htm
[18:53:46] * des is @ mdq already
[18:53:55] <des> in fact, in our server room
[18:54:01] * karora will endeavour to find someone in BA to cadge a lift to MDQ with (dererk?) on Saturday morning...
[18:54:12] * edrz arrives friday night
[18:54:16] <p2-mate> karora: or take the bus ?
[18:54:17] <h01ger> des, :)
[18:54:24] <karora> p2-mate: Si.
[18:54:25] <des> karora: there are plenty of ppl coming, just join #debian-ar and ask
[18:54:47] <h01ger> #topic 4. next meeting
[18:55:08] <des> in fact http://tutatis.dc8.debconf.org:8008/
[18:55:21] <des> hi, v-t ;-P
[18:55:25] <edrz> h01ger: what do you mean RL? what's not real about irc?
[18:55:28] <dererk> karora, unfortunatelly I'm travelling in a **very** small car. I'm seriously thinking about changing my plans
[18:55:34] <h01ger> des, hehe, lol + cool
[18:55:35] <karora> Friday afternoon might be better, if there are last-minute things which might need to be brought.
[18:55:40] <karora> dererk: OK.
[18:55:44] <h01ger> des, who is the other person?
[18:55:50] <des> h01ger: zer0mdq
[18:56:08] <h01ger> ah.
[18:56:39] <h01ger> so next meeting, probably saturday noon in RL?!!
[18:56:43] <dererk> :D
[18:57:31] <Q_> I've seen the stero mic and gave it to luk. I know it has this plate where you can mount 2 mics on, I just wonder how you mount it on the mic stand. I guess it's also just with a screw to that plate.
[18:57:57] <h01ger> #agreed next meeting, probably saturday noon in RL
[18:58:00] * dererk thinking in taking h01ger+amayas places out of the car :-)
[18:58:03] <p2-mate> des: one thing about the PA, try to get one which supports balanced inputs
[18:58:27] <h01ger> #idea maybe have a irc meeting while in mdq as quite some people will not go to .ar
[18:58:30] <Q_> h01ger: luk has most of the stuff, I have 1 headphone and the radio mic.
[18:58:39] <h01ger> dererk, feel free & have a good trip :)
[18:58:51] <h01ger> Q_, you arrive on the same day with luk? or he earlier?
[18:58:57] <Q_> He's earlier
[18:59:09] <dererk> h01ger, haha j/k
[18:59:10] <h01ger> ok.
[18:59:13] <Q_> I think he arrived on monday or thuesday
[18:59:28] <Q_> While I will arrive very late on thursday
[18:59:34] <des> p2-mate: mmm.. ok
[18:59:44] <h01ger> Q_, good choice to give luk that stuff. luckily madduck is also early, so we will have everything at least once quite early
[18:59:49] <p2-mate> des: normally that should not be a problem
[18:59:58] <des> p2-mate: ok
[19:00:03] * h01ger suggests to do #endmeeting to meet the hour :)
[19:00:15] <h01ger> thank you all for attending!
[19:00:19] <h01ger> #endmeeting
Information on meetbot is available at meetbot.debian.net