20:01:57 <h01ger> #startmeeting
20:01:57 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Mar  8 20:01:57 2011 UTC.  The chair is h01ger. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:01:57 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
20:02:20 <moray> good timing from amaya :)
20:02:32 <h01ger> #topic say hi, why you're here, etc :-)
20:02:40 <amaya> I am having huge network problems since 30min or so
20:02:42 <tiago> hi
20:02:51 <darst> hi for 20 more minutes
20:02:52 <h01ger> #info agenda at http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Meetings - please notify me if you want to add topics
20:02:53 <amaya> so I might be here intermitently, sorry
20:03:08 <gwolf> hi. Why you're here? Etc.
20:03:32 <h01ger> hi amaya. there are also logs available at meetbot.debian.net
20:03:58 <tiago> i'm here because i dont like carnival in brazil
20:03:59 <h01ger> #topic say hi, why you're here, etc :-) also add topics to http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Meetings
20:04:05 <moray> anyone new around?
20:04:23 <moray> any DC12 people watching?
20:04:34 <AbsintheSyringe> um, there's couple of people from dc11
20:04:42 <leogg> moray, yes :)
20:04:51 <AbsintheSyringe> leogg, hey you :)
20:05:02 <leogg> AbsintheSyringe, hey!
20:05:03 * h01ger is Holger Levsen from global team with a bit debconf backlog...
20:05:08 <AbsintheSyringe> leogg, again, tnx for that kickass header :)
20:05:16 <h01ger> so no other points for the agenda?
20:05:23 <leogg> AbsintheSyringe, glad I could help :)
20:05:31 <h01ger> hi kefalo, we're just starting the meeting. the agenda is at http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Meetings
20:05:36 <aroundthfur> h01ger, i think that is all
20:06:06 <h01ger> great. six topics plus next meeting+any other bussiness should be doable in 55mins :)
20:06:21 <AbsintheSyringe> let's do this :)
20:06:22 * h01ger intends to have an hour meeting like we use to have...
20:06:48 <h01ger> #topic 1. - dc10 final report status
20:06:51 <moray> h01ger: we've not done too badly on that recently, compared to some other years where it was *much* longer
20:07:09 <moray> darst for this?
20:07:14 <h01ger> moray, i noticed :) but saying so is useful in itself ;)
20:07:21 <darst> hi
20:07:22 * karora watches, since he's awake and in CET on this occasion :-)
20:07:25 <jaqm> #topic I'm here to know how to help properly to the visa team
20:07:28 <darst> basically we need revisions
20:07:32 <darst> proofreaders
20:07:35 * h01ger waves at karora
20:07:44 * h01ger cheers jaqm
20:07:53 <h01ger> darst, are all articles there?
20:07:54 <darst> and someone can assemble, and once proofreading gets done it has tended to go fast
20:08:08 <h01ger> #info final report needs proofreaders
20:08:11 <darst> #info we have all articles (at least all we are going to get)
20:08:12 <gwolf> jaqm: wait for that (either for the points on "local team status" or "any other business")
20:08:23 <moray> is anyone willing to pledge some time for proof-reading?
20:08:28 <h01ger> darst, whats the URL to proofread?
20:08:33 <darst> yes, i'm done proding for articles and I think I have enough
20:08:44 <h01ger> can you post it to the list?
20:08:47 <gwolf> darst: any salient article you'd like somebody to contribute?
20:08:57 <darst> Subject: Help proofread the final report
20:09:05 <darst> from the mailing list, I don't have a browser right now
20:09:06 <jaqm> gwolf: that's wright, I'll wait for that
20:09:19 <darst> that message has all info
20:09:26 <darst> if someone can link it
20:09:42 <moray> http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20110224.063710.50c39f51.en.html
20:09:49 <h01ger> it's marked unread here :/
20:10:01 <darst> gwolf: I think we have the articles now, thanks
20:10:12 <moray> #info details at http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20110224.063710.50c39f51.en.html
20:10:15 <h01ger> darst, and "assemble" means creating a pdf?
20:10:16 <darst> gwolf: but feel free to contribute more if you see something you want to do
20:10:29 <moray> right -- layout, putting in the pictures etc.
20:10:30 <darst> yes, assemble = scribus or some such and make the PDF
20:10:34 <moray> more fun than proof-reading :)
20:10:52 <darst> we had sufficient volunteers for that part
20:11:01 <moray> right, have they been prodded recently?
20:11:02 <darst> I think at least one will still be around
20:11:09 <h01ger> darst, whats the meetbot command to create a preliminary summary again? i'd like to check the proofread url is there - i think it is, but :)
20:11:09 <darst> I haven't prodded them
20:11:13 <gwolf> #info Still pending: Assembling the PDF from the texts (with Scribus or any such tool)
20:11:26 <darst> h01ger: #save
20:11:28 <h01ger> #save
20:11:54 <h01ger> any volunteer to assemble whats there now? and update later? it's a requirement for approaching debconf11 sponsors...
20:12:03 <h01ger> (a soft requirement, but still)
20:12:04 * tiago 
20:12:19 <darst> we should proofread before assembling, I think. at least as much as possible
20:12:26 * h01ger cheers tiago and his dislike of carnival
20:12:27 <darst> I guess we can then switch to proofreading the PDF
20:12:39 <h01ger> #info tiago volunteers to assemble the final report
20:12:49 <darst> wait at least until tomorrow morning for me to check in my latest changes
20:12:50 <moray> darst: ideally both, but getting *something* together soon, is good, as long as there are no glaring errors
20:12:54 <tiago> i can call valessio to help me on assembling
20:12:56 <h01ger> tiago, please prod for proofreaders too. maybe post to debian-i18n-english?
20:13:05 <darst> then go for assembling
20:13:15 <h01ger> shall we set a deadline^wgoal for this? like in 2 weeks?
20:13:16 * jaqm cheers h01ger :)!
20:13:28 <amaya> I am happy to proofread
20:13:37 <moray> h01ger: we really want sooner, we had deadlines already I think
20:13:40 <darst> I think one week is reasonable even...
20:13:51 <h01ger> amaya, cool!
20:13:54 <h01ger> moray, sure...
20:13:55 <darst> amaya: yay
20:14:15 <h01ger> so, next topic, so people can start proofreading sooner? ;)
20:14:27 <h01ger> or is there stuff left to discuss?
20:14:30 <moray> maybe we can say "finished next weekend, sent out for next Monday"?
20:14:33 <darst> my still will be checked in my euro morning
20:14:47 <gwolf> One week would be great!
20:14:50 <darst> proofread SVN tonight, assemble + proofread PDF afterwards
20:15:09 <h01ger> tiago, please also post darsts mail to debian-publicity for proofreading input.. maybe someone "there" has time...
20:15:18 <tiago> h01ger: ok
20:15:19 <darst> good idea!
20:15:33 <gwolf> #info Goal: Publishing it in one week (by Monday 14/3)
20:15:42 <h01ger> next?
20:15:49 <darst> yes, i'm good
20:16:04 <darst> (if we do registration next I will have time to be around for it)
20:16:17 <h01ger> objections?
20:16:25 * h01ger is in favor to do registration now
20:16:29 <moray> sounds good
20:16:40 <h01ger> #topic 2. - registration process for dc11
20:16:55 <darst> ok
20:17:00 <zumbi> rather soonish than later :)
20:17:07 <AbsintheSyringe> regarding this
20:17:14 <darst> moray and I made a preliminary plan, posted to list
20:17:28 <darst> AbsintheSyringe: can you comment on it?
20:18:06 <AbsintheSyringe> yea, aroundthfur and I already went through the whole list, ask me anything you're not sure about and I'll make it clear
20:18:18 <AbsintheSyringe> the registration should be open asap, ideally by beginning of next month
20:18:25 <darst> #info The gist of the moray/darst plan was to simplify registration by having prof/corporate book room directly at the hotels, so we don't act as travel agents
20:18:44 <darst> #info Also ask fewer food questions, let peolpe decide what they want to eat on-site and pay there
20:18:45 * h01ger likes this plan and will be back in 2min
20:18:48 <AbsintheSyringe> ok, this is what's happening, I sent the NGO to Banja Luka tomorrow, they'll register the hotels
20:19:02 <AbsintheSyringe> what is happening is that we'll have room for 400 people
20:19:14 <AbsintheSyringe> people that are paying can go directly without going over debconf or anybody else
20:19:18 <amaya> god, that's so many people
20:19:23 <AbsintheSyringe> they'll have room, and they can pay for it at the end of the conference
20:19:35 <AbsintheSyringe> amaya, we'll reserve that much space
20:19:41 <AbsintheSyringe> how much will be there I'm not sure
20:19:42 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: so, how do the non-sponsored people book a room?
20:19:46 <gwolf> darst: Completely agree. If the hotel is OK with handling that complexity, it's a GREAT win for us
20:19:51 <AbsintheSyringe> but I'm thinking there could be a *lot* of people from Balkans
20:19:58 <gwolf> Still, I think we should _not_ encourage people not to register in Penta
20:20:03 <darst> past years we had a maxof a small bit more than 200 peolpe staying with us on any given night
20:20:11 <moray> gwolf: sure, we want them to register *for the conference* in penta
20:20:18 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, however they want, but I was planning via penta once they register
20:20:23 <AbsintheSyringe> they'll get a room and they'll pay for their stuff
20:20:24 <darst> gwolf: right, they will register "unsponsored" and book room themselves
20:20:26 <gwolf> I mean - reading this, I'd understand you are telling people "if you are not sponsored, just drop by"... we have to properly phrase/handle it
20:20:33 * h01ger thinks everybody should register in penta for the conf. booking with hotel might be different story
20:20:39 <AbsintheSyringe> I'm not sure what's not clear about that
20:20:41 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, yes!
20:20:46 <darst> #info make sure that people who book directly with hotel DO register in penta
20:20:47 * aroundthfur agrees with h01ger
20:20:55 <h01ger> s/should/must/ even :)
20:21:02 <AbsintheSyringe> :)
20:21:03 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: so, as darst says above, we would like it if people can book a hotel room directly, not through penta
20:21:04 <AbsintheSyringe> same goes with food
20:21:17 <aroundthfur> moray, that is possible
20:21:32 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: that is, if they are paying themselves
20:21:32 <h01ger> so, who will be in charge of making sure penta will be changed as needed?
20:21:34 <aroundthfur> but we would still like to reserve enough places
20:21:37 <moray> aroundthfur: sure
20:21:44 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, it is certainly possible but I'm just not sure why we would do that
20:21:47 <aroundthfur> there is a big music event at the same time as DC
20:21:56 <AbsintheSyringe> at least for our own personal records
20:21:57 <amaya> I'd say make two diffrent set of instructions: sponsored and non-sponsored peole
20:21:57 <aroundthfur> so the places are going to be booked out!
20:22:06 <h01ger> this doesnt have to need technical skills, rather definitions whats needed and making sure its implemnted
20:22:10 <moray> aroundthfur: so how would they do that?  can the hotel website support it?
20:22:11 <AbsintheSyringe> aroundthfur, that's why we'll register 400 places tomorrow
20:22:18 <AbsintheSyringe> so we'll have plenty of room, maybe even more then we'll need
20:22:25 <aroundthfur> AbsintheSyringe, i know i'm just saying..
20:22:28 <amaya> AbsintheSyringe: good point
20:22:30 <moray> in the plan above, it's also fine if people contact the local team to book a room
20:22:34 <aroundthfur> moray, some hotels have online reservations
20:22:40 <gwolf> h01ger: I signed up as part of the "penta tweaking team"
20:22:42 <moray> the distinction we want is that once they have booked, the reservation is *in their name*
20:22:43 <aroundthfur> others have the email/phone option
20:22:48 <darst> can someone put the instructions for non-sponsored people on the wiki, and we can look and move to website ?
20:22:51 <aroundthfur> so i don't think it should be a problem
20:22:53 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, " I sent the NGO to Banja Luka tomorrow, they'll register the hotels" and we have a topic "NGO" which i dont understand... is it important for the "registration process" topic we are discussing now?
20:22:58 <moray> so that they are responsible for paying it to the hotel directly
20:23:04 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, maybe they should be able to get it however they want, with or without penta
20:23:05 <h01ger> gwolf, great! \o/
20:23:05 <gwolf> I don't yet have access, but it should be a matter of bugging admins with it.
20:23:14 <aroundthfur> we can even coordinate the ppl who we make registration for to go to hotels without the online reservation option
20:23:17 <gwolf> h01ger: not that I love Penta, mind you ;-) But I'll do it
20:23:18 <aroundthfur> if neccesary..
20:23:22 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, nah, nothing special, just to make some things clear
20:23:41 <moray> aroundthfur: right, the problem comes when (as is frequent) people want to change their hotel booking, or cancel it, or just don't appear at the conference
20:23:44 <darst> gwolf: prod moray or me and we can get list of changes (should be mostly cosmetic stuff)
20:23:46 <h01ger> gwolf, i'm part of admin and the best place to prod us is probablay #debconf-admin (not in general, but for this)
20:23:52 <amaya> aroundthfur: we can't handle that burden. people should be able to arrange with the hotel themselves
20:24:04 * darst needs to go
20:24:07 <gwolf> moray: consider yourself prodded
20:24:08 <moray> darst: have fun
20:24:13 <darst> I might be back if my interview is late, but don't count on me
20:24:14 <AbsintheSyringe> darst, enjoy
20:24:14 <gwolf> darst: thanks!  o/
20:24:23 <gwolf> h01ger: oh, perfect!
20:24:27 <darst> moray knows basically what I do...
20:24:30 <h01ger> darst, have fun!
20:24:31 <aroundthfur> amaya, there is no burden, we put sponsored ppl in hotels that dont have online reg. option available
20:24:32 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, ok so in the end how will we solve this?
20:24:39 <aroundthfur> others can make reservations online
20:24:40 <h01ger> ok
20:24:44 <aroundthfur> it's all good
20:24:50 <h01ger> anything we need to discuss now?
20:24:56 <darst> last thing:
20:24:57 <AbsintheSyringe> I would have them registered in penta
20:24:58 <h01ger> about registration process....
20:25:14 <AbsintheSyringe> if they want, it's easier for us to monitor it all
20:25:21 <darst> local people should put specific procedures on the wiki and we can incorporate them into our plans
20:25:23 <h01ger> darst, gwolf, moray, AbsintheSyringe: ^
20:25:32 <aroundthfur> darst, i'll do that!
20:25:38 <amaya> aroundthfur: I meant the non-sponsored
20:25:39 <darst> aroundthfur: great, them mail to list
20:25:40 <AbsintheSyringe> *thumbs up
20:25:44 <darst> bye
20:25:45 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, we dont want to micromanage 400 people^wnerds
20:25:52 * gwolf shuts up
20:25:57 * zumbi waves to darst
20:26:02 <moray> right, we already had some years with the proposed system and it worked fine
20:26:09 <aroundthfur> amaya, the non sponsored can reserve hotels online
20:26:13 <aroundthfur> i just said it
20:26:22 <amaya> aroundthfur: that's what i meant, in short, we agree
20:26:24 <aroundthfur> maybe i'm speaking unclearly :D
20:26:29 <aroundthfur> :)
20:26:36 <amaya> aroundthfur: maybe i missread you
20:26:39 <amaya> let's continue
20:26:44 <aroundthfur> amaya, it's all good now :)
20:26:53 <h01ger> next point? i think this topic is relativly clear and the details need to be brought up by those dealing with them. /me waves to gwolf and others ;)
20:26:58 <moray> aroundthfur: you might want to check if the online hotel booking can take some conference code or whatever, to tell the hotel they want to take rooms from a block held for debconf
20:27:07 <AbsintheSyringe> NGO, it should be real quick
20:27:09 <h01ger> other names for this topic to mention? local person?
20:27:16 <moray> h01ger: right, the details are for outside the meeting
20:27:17 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, will be next
20:27:18 <aroundthfur> moray, of course :)
20:27:34 <tiago> h01ger: deadline for such info?
20:27:37 <gwolf> (what is NGO?)
20:27:40 <h01ger> #info ok, i'm sure gwolf will grab a local to work with
20:27:47 <tiago> regarding procedures for non-sponsored ppl
20:27:47 <h01ger> tiago, asap...
20:27:52 <aroundthfur> gwolf, non govern. organization
20:27:56 <tiago> deadlines are important now
20:28:04 <gwolf> oh, so no surprise there :)
20:28:07 <h01ger> #topic 3. - the mystic NGO's
20:28:11 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe┬░
20:28:15 <AbsintheSyringe> gwolf, non-profit/non/governmental organization
20:28:22 <h01ger> s/┬░/!/
20:28:31 <AbsintheSyringe> ok, they have asked me where the money from sponsorship will go
20:28:45 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, we know what NGO stands for, but which NGO and how is that related to debconf?
20:28:55 <AbsintheSyringe> ah the local one and spi
20:29:07 <h01ger> local one = local one representing debian?
20:29:18 <AbsintheSyringe> is the local sponsorship money going to to the local ngo, and global sponsorships to spi?
20:29:25 <moray> and FFIS maybe?
20:29:25 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, you talk too much with politicians! :-D
20:29:30 <aroundthfur> HAHAHHA
20:29:31 <AbsintheSyringe> how is this going to work, where will all this money be accumulated?
20:29:32 <h01ger> which local one?
20:29:36 <AbsintheSyringe> :D
20:29:37 <moray> we don't want euro money to go to SPI too early
20:29:38 * aroundthfur agrees with h01ger
20:29:52 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, they have corrupted my fragile little mind :)
20:29:53 <moray> FFIS was used for that in the past, unless I am confused
20:29:55 <h01ger> i'm serious. which local NGO
20:29:57 <h01ger> ?
20:30:01 <AbsintheSyringe> www.diva.ba
20:30:04 <h01ger> ah
20:30:05 <h01ger> thanks
20:30:06 <AbsintheSyringe> that's the one being used from very start
20:30:07 * edgar is wondering what spi stands for
20:30:19 <moray> but we will be transferring large amounts of money
20:30:21 <Ganneff> software in the public interest, inc.
20:30:24 <h01ger> software in the public interest, the offical debian entity
20:30:27 <AbsintheSyringe> how will this process work, since I'm really curious
20:30:28 <h01ger> hi Ganneff :)
20:30:29 <edgar> thx gannef
20:30:30 <AbsintheSyringe> ok so
20:30:35 <AbsintheSyringe> is this a good plan regarding money
20:30:41 <h01ger> http://diva.ba/ has a nice design
20:30:53 <AbsintheSyringe> all the money from local sponsorships goes to DIVA, all the money from "global" sponsorships goes to SPI?
20:30:54 <moray> does someone remember what happened with FFIS?
20:30:56 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, my work :)
20:31:00 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, who is diva.ba? are you and /or other people here members?
20:31:02 <moray> we just put money there then spent it from that account?
20:31:03 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, real nice!
20:31:13 <Ganneff> moray: nothihng, its there. why?
20:31:15 <h01ger> or is diva.ba set up for dc11?
20:31:16 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, I am, it was basically built because of debconf
20:31:21 <h01ger> ah
20:31:22 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, yes
20:31:38 <moray> Ganneff: no, I mean, can someone comment on the details of how we used it in the past -- to AbsintheSyringe
20:31:45 <h01ger> so its your way to finance holidays in the bahamas ;)
20:31:56 <aroundthfur> :D
20:32:03 <AbsintheSyringe> :D
20:32:11 <h01ger> #info http://diva.ba should become the local entity similar to the debconf7 ltd we had
20:32:18 <moray> if we put the money in DIVA, will we have trouble getting the money out later?
20:32:27 <AbsintheSyringe> no
20:32:28 * h01ger suggests to discuss+clear money laundring details after the meeting
20:32:36 <h01ger> can we, please?
20:32:41 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, why would we
20:32:50 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, ok, because I thought this one will go real quick
20:32:55 <h01ger> we now know what it is, now AbsintheSyringe can present his plan on the list
20:32:55 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: we've had trouble in other countries :)
20:33:02 <moray> right, the list is better for this
20:33:03 <gwolf> AbsintheSyringe: Traditionally we have trouble getting the money out of the venues it goes in ;-)
20:33:03 <AbsintheSyringe> Sponsorships?
20:33:05 <amaya> AbsintheSyringe: it's happened before
20:33:10 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, in any case i prefer this documnetned and explained in mails too
20:33:16 <gwolf> AbsintheSyringe: it would be a shame to break tradition
20:33:21 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, govt. used to send us money
20:33:22 * jaqm agree with h01ger
20:33:23 <AbsintheSyringe> for trip to NYC
20:33:24 <AbsintheSyringe> dc10
20:33:27 <AbsintheSyringe> there won't be problem
20:33:36 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, that works
20:33:40 <h01ger> "jaja" :)
20:33:43 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, thanks, great!
20:33:46 <AbsintheSyringe> Sponsorships?
20:33:48 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: right, that money you *spent* though -- normally NGOs have some restrictions on what they can do with money, like restrictions on sending it all to someone else in another country
20:33:50 <h01ger> also thanks a lot for this effort of you!
20:34:05 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, ok, I'll mail you all about it
20:34:16 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, ?
20:34:17 <h01ger> #info we'll discuss details of money routing via diva.ba etc on the mailinglist. AbsintheSyringe will present a proposal there
20:34:24 <AbsintheSyringe> yep
20:34:27 <h01ger> next topic?
20:34:28 <AbsintheSyringe> Sponsorships
20:34:39 <h01ger> hmmaybe
20:34:42 <h01ger> next on list is local team
20:34:51 <amaya> let's go
20:34:53 <AbsintheSyringe> yea
20:35:00 <AbsintheSyringe> it has to do with sponsorships as well
20:35:01 <h01ger> #topic 4. sponsorship
20:35:09 <moray> is this incoming or outgoing?
20:35:12 <h01ger> or local?
20:35:32 <AbsintheSyringe> I wanted to let you know that I'm taking over the sponsorships for local team, and am going to start seeking sponsorships immediately
20:35:33 <h01ger> as its related, do the local updates first
20:35:39 <AbsintheSyringe> afaik, contacts for global ones are in svn
20:35:54 <moray> right, as said above, this needs the report first, for repeat sponsors at least
20:35:57 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, ack, but lets discuss local updates know (which it is) and then sponsorship
20:35:58 <AbsintheSyringe> for local ones, I'm just planning to go from company to company, already have couple of big ones on the list that seem interested
20:36:10 <AbsintheSyringe> aroundthfur, report
20:36:13 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, cool. (and thats how it goes :)
20:36:20 <h01ger> other local updates?
20:36:25 <aroundthfur> pff, not much has changed..
20:36:34 <aroundthfur> the website is up and running
20:36:37 <gwolf> maybe here jaqm's question would be adequate..?
20:36:39 <AbsintheSyringe> that's why I'm taking over, to get it started :P
20:36:42 <h01ger> #info local team is/will be talking to local sponsors
20:36:46 <aroundthfur> the sponsor packages done
20:36:59 <h01ger> jaqm, definitly your turn too! :)
20:37:02 <gwolf> (FWIW I know AbsintheSyringe has often told us "visas are fine, don't worry", but I cannot stop worrying ;-) )
20:37:13 <AbsintheSyringe> gwolf, we'll discuss that in other business ;)
20:37:22 <aroundthfur> gwolf, we have a huge support from govt.
20:37:32 <AbsintheSyringe> so
20:37:33 <moray> gwolf: it's ok, in the Balkans they're good at smuggling people across borders ;)
20:37:36 <aroundthfur> and we are working on making invitation letters etc..
20:37:40 * zumbi shall try to talk to some little sponsors
20:37:45 <AbsintheSyringe> when it comes to sponsorships, I need guidance for asking global sponsorships
20:37:46 <jaqm> me and edgar are helping people getting their visa, filttering request, etc
20:37:50 <AbsintheSyringe> do you have some kind of template?
20:37:55 <gwolf> moray: I hope you have never been smuggled. It's not that much fun!
20:37:59 * gwolf has - sort of ;-)
20:38:04 <AbsintheSyringe> and please confirm, contacts are in svn :)
20:38:13 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, visas are not only needed for your goverment but also for the UK, the USA, and others
20:38:19 <aroundthfur> ok what is the topic right now, i'm lost :S
20:38:24 <h01ger> (to get to banja luka)
20:38:35 <h01ger> aroundthfur, local team updates
20:38:36 <rmayorga> I look that I don't need visa, but El Salvador flag was missed and the Ecuatorial Guinea was used instead, so I'm a bit confuse :)
20:38:37 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: for most sponsors, phone works better than email
20:38:38 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, ok, can we put visas in other business topic, and finish with sponsorships right now
20:38:42 <jaqm> h01ger: maybe I should wait a little bit more
20:38:45 <AbsintheSyringe> since I really wanna get started with this, get the money thing solved first
20:38:50 <aroundthfur> ok but everybody is talking something diferent..
20:38:55 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, use /topic to learn about the topic. its not sponsorship...
20:39:01 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, I'll use DIVA for that
20:39:21 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, no. please first let us agree to use DIVA for that. then...
20:39:36 <h01ger> its debian money you want to put there. we need to agree on that first...
20:39:44 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, k, should I even start asking money from local sponsors? or wait to get things done with DIVA?
20:39:53 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, start with explaining diva on the list
20:39:54 <AbsintheSyringe> h01ger, yea, right, ok, draft, np
20:40:04 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: you can get them to agree, then sort out details of payment later
20:40:11 <h01ger> and talk to sponsors at the same time. they wont give you cash tomorrow anyway
20:40:19 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: it's pretty rare for them to say "only if I can send the cash *now*" :)
20:40:25 <h01ger> #topic 5. sponsorship
20:40:27 <AbsintheSyringe> :)
20:40:43 <h01ger> anything else about sponsorship?
20:40:49 <moray> we need it?
20:40:56 <h01ger> heh. yeah.
20:40:58 <EnisDonKing> sponsorship for local media hasnt been sorted out
20:41:02 <AbsintheSyringe> nothing, let's get the diva thing solved first, then we'll go to that
20:41:04 <h01ger> yay people doing dc10 final report!
20:41:05 <moray> is the team meeting going to happen?
20:41:06 <zumbi> do we have a budget?
20:41:09 <moray> the sponsorship team meeting
20:41:14 <h01ger> EnisDonKing, whats missing?
20:41:20 <h01ger> moray, is there a date?
20:41:25 <moray> not as far as I know
20:41:35 <EnisDonKing> well, it has been removed from the sponsorship kit
20:41:39 <moray> Sponsorship Team Meeting, ## February ##:## UTC
20:41:50 <moray> I guess that should be ## March now
20:41:51 <aroundthfur> can we set a date for sponsorship team meeting?
20:41:55 <h01ger> EnisDonKing, can you make sure we'll have a sponsorship meeting, so we can discuss that there?
20:42:03 <EnisDonKing> sure thing
20:42:04 <AbsintheSyringe> 15th
20:42:12 <AbsintheSyringe> ?
20:42:19 <h01ger> EnisDonKing, use debconf-team list to arrange meeting
20:42:40 <amaya> nothing else?
20:42:48 <h01ger> AbsintheSyringe, let EnisDonKing handle arranging the meeting. you've got enough on your shoulders and people need to find ways to help ;)
20:42:49 <moray> EnisDonKing, h01ger: but *suggesting* 15 March, 20 UTC sounds sensible enough
20:43:13 <h01ger> yeah. though _i_ prefer a week later, but tahts me, overworked
20:43:16 <AbsintheSyringe> :)
20:43:19 <zumbi> AbsintheSyringe: do you have an estimation on expenses?
20:43:22 <moray> h01ger: a week later is DC12 meeting I think?
20:43:27 <h01ger> amaya, only next meeting and any other business
20:43:32 <EnisDonKing> we can put both dates (15/22nd) with some voting?
20:43:38 <h01ger> moray, then we got "no choice"
20:43:39 <AbsintheSyringe> zumbi, no
20:43:50 <h01ger> EnisDonKing, use doodle.ch. its free (as in beer)!
20:43:52 <h01ger> and good
20:43:55 <amaya> h01ger: I meant on this topic
20:43:57 <EnisDonKing> alright
20:44:01 <leogg> moray, DC12 meeting is 22nd
20:44:04 <moray> EnisDonKing, h01ger: so it's 15th 20 UTC or another time or place, but not 22nd 20 UTC
20:44:11 <amaya> too little input, a bit scary at this time of the year
20:44:34 <zumbi> AbsintheSyringe: I'd like to have a budget to show to possible sponsors
20:44:48 <h01ger> #info sponsorship (incoming) team meeting date will be arranged+invited by EnisDonKing, probably march 15th, 20 utc. details and final confirmation on the list
20:45:16 * gwolf is being called away - Will come back later. Hopefully  in time. And will do the summary anyway
20:45:20 <moray> zumbi: use last year's for that
20:45:28 <h01ger> amaya, the dc11 brochure is ready, we have discussed levels etc. we almost have dc10 final report too, so actually things are betterthan many years before
20:45:28 <moray> zumbi: and/or previous ones
20:45:33 <AbsintheSyringe> zumbi, yea, use statistics, we did that too
20:45:41 <h01ger> #topic 6. - Next meeting/Any Other Business
20:45:42 <amaya> h01ger: optimist LOL
20:45:42 <zumbi> moray: last year is not accurated, as half of it was food and accomodation
20:45:55 <aroundthfur> can i use this opportunity to invite old sponsorship team members to join and help us?
20:45:56 <moray> zumbi: as (a) that's better than making it up, (b) we don't want to discourage them by saying how much money the government promises this time...
20:45:57 <h01ger> amaya, siempre! no pasaran! lol :)
20:46:05 <jaqm> :)
20:46:20 <h01ger> so, any other business??
20:46:25 <AbsintheSyringe> zumbi, much of it is is assembled in this document http://goo.gl/Fl4sf
20:46:32 <AbsintheSyringe> gwolf, ok, what about visas :)
20:46:39 <jaqm> #visa team
20:46:48 <h01ger> jaqm, please speak up!
20:47:25 <aroundthfur> ok, i can help as a local team member..
20:47:28 <edgar> who else is in visa team besides aroundthfur, jaqm and me?
20:47:37 <AbsintheSyringe> for this, I said to start a wiki page where we would have a list of everybody who will have problems with visa and we'll start working on it right away
20:47:42 <aroundthfur> coordinate all thats needed from the BiH side of the things..
20:47:43 <AbsintheSyringe> edgar, me?
20:47:48 <edgar> ok
20:47:49 <jaqm> edgar and me would like to help filtering requests for visa and helping people to get them
20:47:52 <moray> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Teams#Visa_team
20:48:02 <h01ger> #info visa team: edgar, aroundthfur, jaqm, AbsintheSyringe  (and the president! ;-)
20:48:07 <aroundthfur> :)
20:48:08 <AbsintheSyringe> :D
20:48:11 <jaqm> but we need to know what to do to receive that request
20:48:23 <amaya> AbsintheSyringe: it would help if registration was open, so we know who's actually coming
20:48:31 <aroundthfur> amaya, exactly..
20:48:32 <h01ger> its really great that you are so many working on this. once we announced registration open, requests will follow
20:48:33 <amaya> do we have a list of people with visa problems?
20:48:39 <h01ger> are you on visas@debconf.org?
20:48:40 <AbsintheSyringe> amaya, that's why I said we need registrations open asap
20:48:41 <jaqm> and we need to know where to put the information about procedures to get this visas
20:48:42 <aroundthfur> it would be much much easier that way
20:48:45 <AbsintheSyringe> and I'm not sure what happened to registrations right now
20:48:48 <EnisDonKing> AbsintheSyringe having list with at least basic data, e.g. country + name, would be great for further discussions on visa issues
20:49:00 <amaya> exactly
20:49:03 <aroundthfur> jaqm, wiki?
20:49:08 <AbsintheSyringe> EnisDonKing, that's what i was thinking about in first place
20:49:09 <amaya> who's in charge of compiling that list?
20:49:09 <edgar> nope, when i subscribed to the debconf lists i didnt see that one
20:49:11 <moray> normally visas are outside penta
20:49:16 <amaya> announcement to d-nes?
20:49:16 <moray> as it needs more private information
20:49:17 <amaya> news
20:49:21 <jaqm> aroundthfur: I think so
20:49:28 <h01ger> jaqm, edgar: please find out who receives mail send to visa(s)@debconf.org and make sure you get it (and taht the address is on the webpage)
20:49:35 <aroundthfur> jaqm, we can talk after the meeting and set it up?
20:49:40 <edgar> sure
20:49:46 <moray> then, you want a web page listing what countries' people need to do what
20:49:50 <h01ger> (you and aroundthfur and AbsintheSyringe get that mails...)
20:50:14 <EnisDonKing> would it be possible to create some input form?
20:50:17 <h01ger> hi n0rman, logfile of the meeting is at http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2011/debconf-team.2011-03-08-20.01.log.txt
20:50:18 <jaqm> aroundthfur: of course, I think that'll be the way
20:50:27 <aroundthfur> jaqm, deal
20:50:34 <h01ger> EnisDonKing, talk to gwolf to get the penta submission as you need/like it
20:50:45 <AbsintheSyringe> visa team, use me when you need things done with President and stuff :)
20:50:54 <aroundthfur> AbsintheSyringe, will do :)
20:50:59 <h01ger> #info visa team needs to talk to gwolf + penta team to tailor penta to our needs
20:51:03 <AbsintheSyringe> other then that, leave me alone :P
20:51:12 <jaqm> moray: most probably te wiki will be exactly what we are needing
20:51:13 <h01ger> -- any _other_ business?
20:51:21 <moray> another reason people need proper official bits of paper re visas:
20:51:22 <EnisDonKing> Im just not sure whether we should use Penta and (early) registrations for visa issues or create a new, more simple form for compiling that kind of list
20:51:29 * h01ger suggests to keep discussing the details after the meeting
20:51:43 <moray> airlines often stop people boarding if the person needs a visa and doesn't have it -- though I don't know if this happens for Bosnia flights ever
20:51:56 <h01ger> EnisDonKing, usually, everything in one place is better. and we _can_ adopt penta to our needs. talk to gwolf!
20:51:59 <amaya> moray: it should
20:52:02 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, we'll make it not happen :)
20:52:15 <moray> the airline won't believe you have a friend who drinks beer with the president so it's ok :)
20:52:19 <amaya> moray: airlines are requeired to flight people back for no revenue otherwise
20:52:23 <moray> amaya: yup
20:52:24 <AbsintheSyringe> on more serious note, first step, let's start assembling names and countries
20:52:37 <h01ger> -- any _other_ business? - visa details after the meeting please
20:53:06 <moray> please everyone ask DC12 bids questions
20:53:07 <AbsintheSyringe> guess not
20:53:10 <moray> on the mailing list
20:53:10 <tiago> Since DebConf is visited by many participants who are not physically capable of such an event
20:53:16 <amaya> gwolf: pentabarf wishslist: when receiving registration confirmation email, mention debconf in the subject
20:53:17 <tiago> (such is rafting on Vrbas), too, we would organise a visit of an etno-village for them.
20:53:28 <moray> read the DC12 bid documents, and ask them about anything unclear or undesirable
20:53:33 <tiago> sorry, just recording local team to change this
20:53:38 <AbsintheSyringe> tiago, we're planing of having two daytrip options ;)
20:53:39 <tiago> at https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://debconf11.debconf.org/documentation/DebConf11-BanjaLuka-PlanandProgram-en.pdf&embedded=true&chrome=true
20:53:51 <moray> the list has been very quiet re DC12, which is bad
20:53:53 <h01ger> #info please everyone ask DC12 bids questions - read the DC12 bid documents, and ask them about anything unclear or undesirable
20:53:59 <moray> with the meeting in < a week
20:54:00 <AbsintheSyringe> tiago, we'll make note on that one, we just didn't include that into document
20:54:01 <AbsintheSyringe> annex will be made soon
20:54:14 <h01ger> #topic 7. next meeting?
20:54:17 <h01ger> when?
20:54:22 <h01ger> 2 weeks? 3? 4?
20:54:23 <amaya> in a week?
20:54:24 <tiago> ok, we can talk later and then I explain you some issues we had in the past
20:54:29 <AbsintheSyringe> 2?
20:54:33 <moray> 1 week is (probably) sponsorship team meeting
20:54:42 <moray> 2 weeks is DC12 meeting
20:54:42 <AbsintheSyringe> I don't want it to collide with dc12 decision meeting
20:54:44 <amaya> same time in two weeks, then?
20:54:56 <h01ger> 3 then? or is 4 still enough?
20:54:56 <Ganneff> 2 weeks is bad.
20:55:01 <AbsintheSyringe> 1 week sponsorship
20:55:03 <AbsintheSyringe> 2 dc12
20:55:04 <h01ger> a break once in a while...
20:55:07 <AbsintheSyringe> 3 dc11 :)
20:55:10 <aroundthfur> :D
20:55:19 <moray> h01ger: up to the local team, 3 or 4 yes
20:55:25 <aroundthfur> 3
20:55:26 <AbsintheSyringe> 3
20:55:34 <h01ger> stupid natives
20:55:37 <h01ger> ;-D
20:55:38 <aroundthfur> HAHAHA
20:55:40 <AbsintheSyringe> :D
20:55:48 <h01ger> so 3 be it \o/ :)
20:55:51 <aroundthfur> h01ger, tnx for the compliments
20:55:53 <amaya> are we done now?
20:55:56 <AbsintheSyringe> sure are
20:56:00 <h01ger> #info next meeting, march 29th, 20 utc
20:56:02 <amaya> (soory, /me is in a hurry)
20:56:03 <moray> amaya: unless you have any funny cat pictures
20:56:13 <amaya> moray: not safe for work
20:56:16 <amaya> :)
20:56:17 <AbsintheSyringe> :D
20:56:23 * h01ger thanks everybody for attending and their work on debconf! you rock!
20:56:32 <moray> thank you h01ger for chairing
20:56:33 * AbsintheSyringe \o/
20:56:41 <amaya> ok, I need to rock somewhere else, ciao!
20:56:47 <tiago> thanks h01ger and all
20:56:48 <h01ger> amaya, rock on!
20:56:53 <AbsintheSyringe> amaya, bai
20:56:58 * aroundthfur needs more coffee brb
20:57:06 <AbsintheSyringe> ok
20:57:09 <aroundthfur> amaya, laterzz
20:57:11 * h01ger calls it a #endmeeting
20:57:18 <h01ger> cu!
20:57:20 <h01ger> #endmeeting