Started logging meeting in #debconf-team, times are UTC.
[20:02:55] <des> well, she was 15' ago
[20:02:56] <Sledge> hey folks
[20:02:57] <Ganneff> lets go on, the first can be done by us anyway.
[20:03:16] <Ganneff> i can say - yes, it works. :)
[20:03:29] <des> indeed
[20:03:29] <Ganneff> des: want to say more?
[20:03:51] * Ganneff knows its a mostly stable link, we have machines running, WAY more setup than we ever had before.
[20:03:55] <des> not really, we still have to pay a bit of that, should be done soon
[20:04:31] <dererk> Hi there
[20:04:40] <Ganneff> so network looks pretty good right now, if noone has questions we can go on
[20:04:56] <Ganneff> #topic Press/penta status
[20:05:02] <Ganneff> whoever wants the floor: speak
[20:05:14] <des> madduck: around?
[20:05:21] <madduck> des: yes
[20:05:34] <madduck> des: could you give a quick update?
[20:05:37] <des> I only have to say that the press interface for penta is done and working
[20:05:50] <Ganneff> since some days now! :)
[20:05:51] <madduck> awesome. i was really busy the last few days so i wasn't even online
[20:05:59] <madduck> thanks guys, and...
[20:06:05] <madduck> Ganneff: sorry for flipping out a bit the other day
[20:06:21] <des> madduck: mass add should be done by sql mean atm
[20:06:22] <madduck> I will give it a whirl tomorrow and then send out a press release at the start of next week
[20:06:24] <Ganneff> madduck: i just ignored you. :)
[20:06:59] * marga here
[20:07:02] <Ganneff> ok. more for this topic?
[20:07:04] <marga> Sorry for the delay, got caught up while changing computers
[20:07:07] <des> not from me
[20:07:09] <Ganneff> hi marga. i started already. :)
[20:07:15] <madduck> neither from me.
[20:07:18] <Ganneff> #topic Proceedings status
[20:07:27] <des> Ganneff, Ganneff, Ganneff
[20:07:33] * Ganneff send last reminder today, people should send stuff in until wed
[20:07:33] <marga> I see.
[20:07:58] <madduck> let me investigate that
[20:08:01] <madduck> oops
[20:08:03] <madduck> ECHAN
[20:08:10] * madduck is having gsoc student meeting at the same time
[20:08:20] <an3as> Ganneff: How can submitters know that there paper finally reached penta if they get a mail in any case?
[20:08:23] * zer0mdq here
[20:08:26] <dererk> madduck, thats fun :)
[20:08:36] <Ganneff> an3as: they can just look / they know what they uploaded?
[20:08:40] <marga> Ok, whatever we have by wednesday is what we print?
[20:08:53] <Ganneff> marga: we should take that road, yes.
[20:09:01] <Ganneff> we cant wait for much more, i think
[20:09:09] <marga> No, we can't.
[20:09:10] <an3as> Yep, but reciving a mail if you just uploaded (and see the entry) is a little bit confusing
[20:09:17] <an3as> You might assume that something went wrong
[20:09:26] <Ganneff> well.
[20:09:39] <Ganneff> ok. more for this topic?
[20:09:52] <marga> So, papers are uploaded to penta? Can we easily know if there are papers there?
[20:10:18] <an3as> I just have withdrawn one of my papers in penta
[20:10:20] <Ganneff> hrm. good question.
[20:10:34] <an3as> Hope other people will do the same if they will not meet the deadline
[20:10:50] <marga> an3as: I don't think so.
[20:11:08] <Ganneff> marga: i know which events should have papers, its not a big list, so will do something based on that for wednesday.
[20:11:24] <Ganneff> should be doable with some sql query, from me/mhy/sgran
[20:12:12] <marga> Ok. Will send mail to rt.
[20:12:15] <marga> Next?
[20:12:23] <Ganneff> #action one of ganneff/mhy/sgran will use some sql magic and in the end send papers@ (or whoever else) the uploaded papers, see rt mail from marga
[20:12:26] <Ganneff> #topic Incoming/outgoing funds status (including payments to hotel, plan for travel sponsorship payments)
[20:12:50] <marga> Uhm. We are only missing one small payment for the hotel.
[20:13:03] <marga> And several other smaller payments to different people.
[20:13:11] <marga> Regarding travel refunds, I have no idea
[20:13:22] <Ganneff> do we have enough money in .ar to do all the refund there?
[20:13:36] <Ganneff> or do we plan to have enough during dc8?
[20:13:51] <marga> No, only if Nokia's money comes in.
[20:14:02] <marga> I've pinged and got no answer. Will ping again.
[20:14:05] <Ganneff> so we run on the following, i would say:
[20:14:12] <an3as> Isn't it clever to leave some of Nokias money in Europe?
[20:14:25] <des> an3as: too late for that
[20:14:29] <marga> an3as: getting money out of Nokia has proved to be quite difficult.
[20:14:30] <Ganneff> we plan to do it like dc7, using traveller cheques. if that doesnt work out, we do it like for dc6, by money transfer later on.
[20:14:31] <an3as> Just not wasting money in exchange?
[20:14:47] <Ganneff> and use whatever money we have in .ar for cheques for people outside .eu
[20:14:58] <an3as> OK
[20:15:20] <Ganneff> like those in the us, or brasil or something, where money transfers might not be a nice thing like in the eu
[20:15:29] <des> traveller cheques? dunno about that, never used them
[20:15:36] <Ganneff> des: they are *perfect*
[20:15:40] <des> and, isn't that more expensive?
[20:15:49] <Ganneff> des: like money, but if you lose them you can still get all money
[20:15:49] <Ganneff> no
[20:16:14] <Ganneff> you just go to your bank at home and get the money (into your bank account), done.
[20:16:18] <Ganneff> or use it in a hotel. etc.
[20:16:36] <des> Ganneff: when is the conversion from ARS to $whatever done?
[20:16:36] <Ganneff> if you lose it - you mail us (orga), we can reclaim the money, you get it a bit later.
[20:16:46] <Ganneff> des: one gets them in USD
[20:17:00] <Ganneff> so its done for us when we get them, for the people when they go to the bank
[20:17:06] <des> Ganneff: so we (debconf) pay for that?
[20:17:07] <marga> Ganneff: so, the conversion is done at the bank?
[20:17:12] <marga> Ganneff: how do we get them?
[20:17:20] <Ganneff> marga: ask the bank where the debconf account is
[20:17:25] <Ganneff> they usually hand them out.
[20:17:26] <des> o noes
[20:17:58] <Ganneff> Maulkin might have more details for you. or the website of american express or that other company doing them.
[20:18:06] * des is still not sure about gratuitous conversion of currency for non-us ppl
[20:18:06] <Ganneff> since dc7 i like them :)
[20:18:19] <Ganneff> des: we convert at some point anyway
[20:18:32] <Ganneff> there isnt much point in thinking about it for us.
[20:18:32] <des> Ganneff: yes, but the money is in ARS, now
[20:18:45] <Ganneff> and?
[20:18:56] <Ganneff> we know usd from people, so we convert that to a value in ars and hand it people.
[20:19:07] <Ganneff> not much different than converting some ars to usd for the cheques?
[20:19:15] <marga> well, not much point in discussing this. Let's just try to investigate this, find out if there are any costs associated and then decide.
[20:19:18] <Ganneff> especially as they then have to go and convert ars to something usable
[20:19:25] <Ganneff> yup.
[20:19:34] <des> marga++
[20:19:41] <Ganneff> the above are my suggestions on how to do it, based on experience from the past.
[20:19:53] <Ganneff> what we do, well, people know "you get told later", that should be enough.
[20:19:56] <Ganneff> also
[20:20:16] <Ganneff> do you have some insane laws like .mx had, requiring us to store passport copies of everyone we hand money too?
[20:20:31] <Ganneff> so you could show them that the money wasnt used for $illegalcrap
[20:20:39] <marga> Ganneff: no, that part is easy, we have a receipt that the sign, and that's it.
[20:20:44] <des> ?
[20:20:46] <des> no
[20:20:52] <Ganneff> good.
[20:21:02] <Ganneff> #topic Conference dinner
[20:21:12] * des is happy at least 1 insane laws does not apply in .ar
[20:21:25] <marga> This one is still in planning, but it will most probably be like this
[20:21:41] <marga> 1) Will happen in the alternate venue (the one we are not using because we aren't so many.
[20:21:53] <marga> 2) Will include some typical argentinian food (empanadas)
[20:22:31] <marga> 3) Will include a couple of shows of "folklore" (typical argentinian music) and "tango" with participative dancing ( la dc7)
[20:22:31] <paravoid> why (1)?
[20:22:40] <Ganneff> sounds good
[20:22:45] <Ganneff> paravoid: to see something different?
[20:22:53] <marga> paravoid: because we have a big empty place there, and also so that it's different.
[20:23:00] <marga> (and we don't have to pay extra)
[20:23:30] <marga> All this still has to be confirmed, but that's the basic idea.
[20:23:42] <Ganneff> and it fits in whatever you had in budget?
[20:23:51] <marga> Oh, and for us it's the "Debian 15 years party", not the "Conference dinner"
[20:24:00] <Ganneff> hehe.
[20:24:06] <Ganneff> should rename the event in pentabarf
[20:24:12] <marga> Ganneff: actually it's much cheaper, because the food and place are included in the hotel budget, we only have to pay for the music.
[20:24:19] <Ganneff> marga: nice
[20:24:27] <marga> yep
[20:24:53] <Ganneff> ok. anything else on this?
[20:24:59] <marga> I don't think so.
[20:25:14] <Ganneff> #topic Day trip
[20:25:24] <marga> This one is unsettled yet.
[20:25:35] <marga> We have quite a bunch of options, of several different prices.
[20:25:48] <an3as> Is there any list of options?
[20:25:49] <Ganneff> (renamed the event to fit the new 15 years title) :)
[20:25:59] <an3as> Ganneff: ;-))
[20:26:55] <marga> an3as: there are basically 2 options: 1) a tour around the city having lunch at the harbour (very nice restaurants if you like fish and seafood), 2) a trip to a near place called "Sierra de los Padres" where we could eat "asado" (similar to barbaque).
[20:27:05] <Ganneff> marga: if it fits in budget - take the option that localteam thinks is best for a few hundred international attendees to get at least a little knowledge of .ar outside debconf :)
[20:28:06] <des> obviously you don't know .ar if you don't eat asado here, but we need to think something for vegans too
[20:28:21] <marga> Ganneff: well, none of the options is really too tempting. But we have the preliminary prices, we have to figure out which one is the most interesting.
[20:29:10] <Ganneff> you are doing that during this week, so for next meeting?
[20:29:15] <marga> yes
[20:29:23] <marga> I've recruited a local volunteer for this.
[20:29:29] <Ganneff> good, so we can discuss then in a week
[20:29:30] <an3as> I have read in my guide book about "asado" - just want that. ;-))
[20:29:32] <Ganneff> good.
[20:29:48] <an3as> Honestly: I'd like to see landscape without concrete!
[20:29:54] <an3as> Pampas, whatever
[20:29:54] <Ganneff> #action one local volunteer will try to find out which daytrip option is best, report next week
[20:29:57] <gwolf> an3as: Wrong region :)
[20:30:03] <gwolf> flat flat flat grassland ;-)
[20:30:04] <an3as> I know
[20:30:12] <Ganneff> more to this?
[20:30:17] <marga> No, next?
[20:30:19] <Ganneff> #topic AOB?
[20:30:20] <Ganneff> i have one:
[20:30:21] <an3as> But flat grassland without concrete is fine as well
[20:30:24] <dererk> an3as, http://www.cioc.com.ar/PDF/JA/asado.pdf :)
[20:30:30] <Ganneff> next meeting in one week, dont miss! (Hi h01ger :) )
[20:30:44] <Ganneff> but i actually might miss, as im flying down to .ar on that day, dont know if i have internet again then
[20:30:48] <Ganneff> already
[20:31:01] <Ganneff> anyone else somethign to say during meeting time?
[20:31:11] <dererk> not me
[20:31:12] <Ganneff> oh
[20:31:15] <des> nope
[20:31:24] <Ganneff> does someone prepare a "attendee help sheet" like thing?
[20:31:24] <an3as> Schedule!
[20:31:34] <an3as> Did anybody have a look?
[20:31:44] <Ganneff> like - bring this and that power connector, if you arrive go left, 300m, right, there bus, go lala, etc?
[20:31:48] <marga> Things are generally doing good. The big missing thing is DebianDay. But we hope to figure it out.
[20:31:54] <an3as> Vanessa and me regard it as "somehow" ready
[20:32:02] <marga> Ganneff: the arrival page is there.
[20:32:06] <madduck> Ganneff: why a sheet? sounds like a wiki page to me...
[20:32:15] <sgran> that's good too
[20:32:17] <Ganneff> madduck: something printable, no matter where.
[20:32:17] <marga> an3as: is it available? I couldn't find it.
[20:32:18] <an3as> This means we do not really know what we should do now ...
[20:32:26] <Ganneff> marga: pentabarf admin interface
[20:32:38] <marga> Ganneff: but I've been thinking of making a cheat sheet, yes.
[20:32:38] <an3as> Ganneff: can everybody of the team have a look?
[20:32:43] <Ganneff> an3as: if you are ready i can export it for the team to look at it
[20:32:55] <an3as> Well, this is our first draft.
[20:33:08] <an3as> We do not really know about all the keynotes
[20:33:19] <an3as> and those mysterial "unofficial" stuff
[20:33:24] <Ganneff> will look at export and then tell team about it.
[20:33:26] <an3as> and late comers ... and
[20:33:45] <Ganneff> an3as: unofficial are all non-selected talks (those that still want) and late-comers
[20:34:06] <Ganneff> those you dont see as accepted are that.
[20:34:17] <marga> an3as: mako is not coming, his talk should be cancelled
[20:34:22] <an3as> Yep, and what to do with all these *now*
[20:34:23] <Ganneff> (will set them accepted in a batch shortly before schedule is public for the masses)
[20:34:31] <an3as> marga: Ahh, OK
[20:34:39] <Ganneff> an3as: schedule em somewhere where you have a slot?
[20:34:48] <an3as> At least I could take over his derivers roundtable event
[20:35:07] <an3as> Just asked for this event myself and then stepped back ...
[20:35:25] <luciano> gwolf, your talk in debianday appears many times at penta
[20:35:30] <Ganneff> an3as: fine. take it.
[20:35:33] <marga> an3as: the "herding wild cats" talk is a DebianDay talk, I think. And Steve's DPL talk seems to be missing. It should be in the place of Herding Wild cats.
[20:35:38] <an3as> Ganneff: I'd like to have more people having a look at the current status.
[20:35:45] <gwolf> luciano: I promise to give it only once (:
[20:35:48] <Ganneff> an3as: yesyes, already noted :)
[20:36:03] <Ganneff> ok. more for this meeting right now?
[20:36:32] <gwolf> luciano: It was registered twice, and I was unable to delete one of them
[20:36:39] <Ganneff> doesnt look like.
[20:36:41] <marga> Ganneff: no, I think we can keep talking about the schedule.
[20:36:47] <gwolf> so... Ganneff/des: could you kill event 308 or 309 (but not both)?
[20:36:48] <Ganneff> #endmeeting

Meeting ended.

Information on meetbot is available at meetbot.debian.net