what kind of people they could try talking to -- you could start by checking who'll still be around on that date
[20:32:36] <sgran> it's probably time
[20:32:51] <marga> moray: yeah, the problem is that we don't know.
[20:32:57] <h01ger> video team does weekly meetings now too
[20:33:10] <moray> I think it's time for weekly meetings -- at worst, they'll be short
[20:33:14] <marga> So, next meeting July 7th, 20:00 UTC?
[20:33:24] * h01ger likes todays meeting. its short and mostly to the point. meeting like those i'm very fine to have weekly
[20:33:39] <moray> marga: unless locals want the time to change, yes
[20:33:46] <an3as> can I put some additional point to this meeting: Schedule
[20:34:01] <sgran> that seems ok - I may not be around at the start but I can read backlog
[20:34:03] <marga> moray: it's ok. We have our local meeting at 1+01:00 UTC.
[20:34:16] <marga> an3as: yes, next topic
[20:34:33] <an3as> Because of lacking information how to prepare schedule we decided to use a google calendar
[20:34:34] <marga> #AGREED Next meeting July 7th, 20:00 UTC. Weekly meetings from now on.
[20:34:41] <marga> #TOPIC Schedule
[20:34:44] <an3as> Is anybody interested to be invited
[20:34:47] <marga> an3as: yes, go ahead.
[20:34:48] <an3as> ?
[20:35:03] <an3as> We can also export ical and put it somewhere
[20:35:17] <marga> an3as: it would be nice to see a preview, can you export it to some more friendly format?
[20:35:22] <moray> an3as: I'm not sure using non-free stuff for an *official* DebConf service is great
[20:35:23] <des> Mmmm... penta should be used for that
[20:35:31] <Ganneff> penta is *THE* place for it
[20:35:31] <moray> and yes, penta will do that
[20:35:33] <an3as> sure
[20:35:33] <des> *really*
[20:35:33] <Ganneff> not any other app
[20:35:48] <an3as> I would have loved to use a free service
[20:35:50] <marga> Ganneff, des: are scheduling capabilities already there?
[20:35:54] <an3as> suggestions????
[20:36:01] <edrz> an3as: penta
[20:36:02] <Ganneff> yes!
[20:36:04] <h01ger> an3as, what is your problem with doing it in penta?
[20:36:10] <an3as> How
[20:36:11] <Ganneff> of course does penta have a scheduling thing
[20:36:28] <an3as> Vanessa and me asked several times how to do this
[20:36:36] <marga> Ganneff / des: can either of you please mail email@example.com with instructions as to how to use penta to schedule, please?
[20:36:37] <des> h01ger: lack of knowledge that it's done there, I think
[20:36:43] <an3as> I'm not proud about galendar ...
[20:36:45] <Jon> that meetbot thing is awesome
[20:37:14] <des> marga: I couldn't I never used that part of penta, I could try, but someone that already did could make it easier
[20:37:15] <moray> Jon: marga writing minutes quickly after meetings is more awesome :p
[20:37:15] <Ganneff> marga: not today, im not thinking straight, too many drugs. but tomorrow/wednesday
[20:37:18] <an3as> Instructions would be really great!
[20:37:31] <moray> an3as: maybe speak to mhy, he did it last time
[20:37:33] <an3as> can I import ical format?
[20:37:38] <Jon> moray: hehe
[20:37:38] <marga> Ganneff: ok.
[20:37:49] <Ganneff> an3as: not in penta, no.
[20:37:50] <marga> Could whoever used it last year help out?
[20:37:55] <an3as> I also asked mhy via mail several times ... :-(
[20:37:56] <Ganneff> thats mhy
[20:38:07] <marga> Uhm, who's not responding apparently.
[20:38:13] <des> an3as: :-/
[20:38:17] <marga> Ganneff: so, can you do it tomorrow or the day after, then?
[20:38:19] <Ganneff> and last year the scheduling was done by "prepare on paper, then enter data into pentabarf"
[20:38:25] <Ganneff> yes. please remind me.
[20:38:30] <marga> Ganneff: ok.
[20:38:31] * h01ger doesnt know the scheduling system, i'm no help here
[20:38:35] <an3as> well galendar is currently our paper ...
[20:38:43] <des> an3as: Sorry, but the schedule in penta is *really* important for a lot of works (volunteers scheduling, video team work scheduling, etc...)
[20:38:46] <an3as> I did not wanted to make it really publicly available
[20:38:48] <marga> #ACTION Ganneff will mail instructions to schedule@ as to how to do the scheduling in penta.
[20:39:02] <h01ger> an3as, yes, we (video team) totally rely that the schedule in penta is correct
[20:39:04] <an3as> des: sure - I'd love to export to penta!
[20:39:18] <marga> Ok, I think we all agree here, it's just lack of information.
[20:39:23] <an3as> yep
[20:39:27] <marga> I have a related new topic
[20:39:29] <h01ger> an3as, please work in penta. dont export to penta ;)
[20:39:35] <marga> #TOPIC Keynotes
[20:40:02] <marga> So, for some reason that nobody seems to know, marks's keynote got accepted.
[20:40:06] <an3as> h01ger: As I said: if somebody explains how this would be my prefered tool without any question
[20:40:22] <marga> I don't really have a problem with it, but if we are having that one, I'd like to get a few more others.
[20:40:25] <edrz> an3as: Ganneff will explain tomorrow.
[20:40:33] <marga> Sledge has already agreed to give the first one.
[20:40:34] <h01ger> an3as, great :)
[20:40:35] <an3as> Vanessa and me will try to import our stuff in penta (not export, sure!)
[20:41:00] <h01ger> someone must be able to explain how this talk was accepted..
[20:41:02] <an3as> edrz: I noticed. I know that Ganneff is only half-available ...
[20:41:04] <marga> I think Bdale and somebody from Nokia (platinum sponsors) should give one each.
[20:41:15] * edrz nods h01ger
[20:41:19] <moray> marga: that would sound good if they're willing
[20:41:34] <moray> marga: I mean, I'm sure people would be interested to hear them
[20:41:44] <marga> Is there anyone else we should invite as keynote speaker?
[20:41:55] <des> FWIW, I think it was entered into penta and handled as any other talk (i.e. in the papers meeting)
[20:41:59] <h01ger> i think we really look stupid now. first we said, "its too late, only if you become a platin sponsor" and now the talk is in (and canonical isnt platin), and nobody knows why?!?
[20:42:01] <an3as> Another topic (not mine): submitting papers
[20:42:44] * h01ger would love a d-i key note, i18n is another great topic... dpl too
[20:42:44] <Ganneff> we accepted it after he filled out the details we asked about
[20:43:02] <Ganneff> we never said "no way at all", we said "we need data, enter it. and no, not as mail in this flamewar".
[20:43:12] <marga> No former DPL that I can think of is coming.
[20:43:47] <an3as> Bdale? ;-)
[20:43:54] <marga> Yes, apart from bdale, I mean.
[20:44:00] <Jon> dont the value of keynotes get diluted if you have too many?
[20:44:16] <moray> yeah
[20:44:16] <marga> sam, tbm, ajt, neither is coming.
[20:44:32] <marga> Jon: one per day
[20:44:34] <marga> We can have 6
[20:44:36] <Jon> a
[20:44:52] <h01ger> xorg was the other keynote topic i was thinking of. but keith p is not coming this year, iirc
[20:44:55] <marga> So, we need 2 more. Or we can just have 4.
[20:45:15] <marga> Nope, keithp isn't coming either :(
[20:45:32] <moray> "one per day ... 6" -- aren't talks Sunday-Saturday?
[20:45:41] <marga> Well, if somebody thinks of a possible extra keynote speaker, please say something after the meeting.
[20:45:45] <des> so... accepting keynotes now is ok but before was not?
[20:45:46] <Ganneff> daytrip
[20:45:47] <marga> moray: yes, but there's the daytrip.
[20:45:49] <h01ger> one the last day a keynote from debconf9?
[20:45:53] <moray> marga: ah, sure
[20:45:56] <des> I'm a little troubled by that
[20:46:21] <moray> des: it was never "not ok" AFAIK
[20:46:23] <marga> des: it was never not ok.
[20:46:49] <marga> des: what we didn't like was that marks asked for it after the deadline, and took a long time to finally submit it.
[20:47:28] <marga> #TOPIC Papers
[20:47:36] <marga> Does anybody know what happened with this?
[20:47:50] <marga> As far as I knew, zack was going to mail asking for papers, but never got any replies
[20:48:02] <moray> is there a printing deadline yet?
[20:48:13] <marga> moray: yes, in 2 weeks, I think.
[20:48:17] <moray> if no ones wants to submit papers, that's easy though :)
[20:48:25] <an3as> I got zack's mail and I'm guilty for not answering it
[20:48:36] <an3as> I uses a brocken battery of my laptop as an excuse
[20:48:57] <an3as> but honestly it is rather my personal schedule and temper than the battery
[20:48:59] <marga> an3as: ok, so zack did mail asking for papers?
[20:49:10] <marga> an3as: when was the deadline?
[20:49:17] <an3as> yes, atr least I got mails from him
[20:49:23] <moray> well, papers are not compulsary, it sounds like he needs to chase people though
[20:49:32] <an3as> I think today or yesterday
[20:49:40] <marga> an3as: ok, will ask him about it.
[20:49:52] <marga> #ACTION Marga will ask zack about the collecting of proceedings.
[20:49:59] <marga> #TOPIC Any other business?
[20:50:00] <an3as> Papers are just nice - and I intend to provide some for two of my talks ...
[20:50:31] <marga> Anyone else has issues to rise?
[20:50:38] <marga> raise
[20:50:40] <des> fwiw, the video team was also working on a paper, afaik
[20:51:32] <marga> Ok, I think we are done then.
[20:51:38] <marga> Longer meeting than I expected.
[20:51:41] <marga> #endmeeting
Information on meetbot is available at meetbot.debian.net